About the organisation
At the Summer Foundation, you get to make a difference. We are passionate about resolving the issue of young people living in aged care. This is something we believe is highly achievable.
Established in 2006, the key aim of the Summer Foundation is to change human services policy and practice related to young people living in aged care.
The Summer Foundation utilises a range of strategies to influence health, housing, aged care, and disability service policy and practice related to this target group.
Working with us, you’ll have the opportunity to purposefully and professionally incorporate your experience and expertise into your work. We have a shared clarity and commitment to purpose, and we strive to always deliver work of the highest standard.
If you are looking for a career where you can make a difference, work with passionate people, have access to salary packaging, and have real opportunities for professional development, we encourage you to join our team.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Interim Chief Financial Officer to lead our organisation’s finance direction and function for a period of 9 months. This part time (0.6) fixed term role would be ideal for someone from the Corporate Sector looking to transition to the For Purpose Sector. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and as a member of the Executive, the CFO will work in collaboration with the Executive, internal stakeholders and Directors across the organisation to deliver excellence in operational and strategic financial management.
Qualifications, skills & experience
- Professional CPA/CA qualified accountant with 5+ years’ experience in a CFO or Executive level financial leadership role.
- A track record of strategically partnering at the Executive and Board level
- Ability to partner with teams to support the development of their financial acumen and achievement of their business goals
- Track record of leading the organisational budget and reforecast processes including alignment to the organisational strategic plan
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement robust financial and risk management processes.
- Experience driving projects and process and system improvements
- Excellent communication skills to effectively liaise with external and internal stakeholders at all levels
- Adaptable to changing environments
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
How to apply
There is never a dull moment working at this innovative and fast paced organisation. We offer salary packaging, above award wages, and great flexibility. We encourage the best of the best to apply to join this team and make a difference.
Employment is subject to National Police History Check and evidence of full COVID vaccination.
Fixed term role at 0.6 FTE.
When you apply you will be redirected to our recruitment platform. You may also apply via our website: https://www.summerfoundation.org.au/i-want-to-get-involved/job-opportunities/
We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Applications may close earlier than the posted date and will be reviewed as they are received.
Questions to be answered during the application process:
- How have you improved an organisation’s risk management processes?
- What are the three most important factors when developing an annual budget and why?
- Describe a situation where your communication to a Board or Executive Team about a challenging financial situation was essential in a decision being made. What was the situation, your approach and the outcome?
People living with disability are encouraged to apply. Lived Experience is valued by our organisation and looked upon favourably.
Summer Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, we know that strength comes with diversity and encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.
Please quote in application: Interim Chief Financial Officer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #Social_Enterprise, #Youth_and_Young_People