About the organisation
Pro Bono Australia is a pioneering social enterprise, providing news, careers and resources for the common good with the mission of “activating good intentions”.
As the editorial arm of the organisation, Pro Bono News delivers Australia’s leading news service for the social economy. We unpack news and analysis from all parts of the burgeoning purpose sector including charities and not for profits, volunteering, philanthropy, social enterprise, CSR and shared value, and impact investing.
Our news services boast 60K+ subscribers with 1.7 million people using our site annually. As such, we are the major hub for this sector.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, driven journalist to join our team three days a week. We are a small team but we consistently punch above our weight when it comes to impact. We want someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and will be passionate about our mission to grow the social sector and deliver news that has an impact.
About the role
You will be a digital native with a strong new sense and ability to work in a fast-paced environment, delivering clean copy to tight deadlines. You will have a solid grasp of social media as well as a desire to learn and grow on the job, not forgetting a strong interest in purpose and knowledge of the social economy.
- You will be expected to source and create compelling news stories for online with high relevance and appeal to Australia’s social sector.
- You will be expected to demonstrate initiative to find stories that are not already breaking and identify angles that move the issue forward.
- As part of a tight-knit team of four, this role also includes sub-editing copy to fit the in-house style guide, uploading content to the website and populating eDMs to send to our subscribers.
- You will publish content to third-party platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and a minimum of one year’s experience in a similar role.
- The ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- High attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
- Experience in interviewing, both in person and over the phone.
- Relationship management and the ability to develop contacts.
- Energy to seek out great stories, calmness under pressure and a love of producing great content.
- A working knowledge of the social sector.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Journalist via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Bcorp, #Media