About the organisation
About the role
RedR Australia is an international humanitarian organisation that contributes to humanitarian responses in the Pacific, Asia and the Middle East, and Africa. With offices in Melbourne, Suva (Fiji), and Amman (Jordan), RedR recruits, trains, and deploys technical specialists to help communities, partners, and nations prepare for, respond to, and recover from natural hazards and conflict. RedR Australia maintains a roster of more than 750 technical experts across a range of skill profiles including Information management, protection, humanitarian coordination, public and clinical health, logistics, WASH, and disaster risk reduction and disaster risk management.
Benefits & Culture
Enjoy attractive benefits, a competitive salary package, and investment in your professional development. This is a highly visible and critical role with RedR.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, this key role manages the MEL component of Australia Assists, the Australian Government’s humanitarian civilian deployment programme. You are directly responsible for the implementation of RedR Australia’s MEL and reporting capability. Your team leadership role is integral in fostering a continuous improvement culture, ensuring high-quality evidence and learning is shared, utilised, and it informs activities across the organisation and the wider humanitarian sector. You will liaise with external stakeholders, including DFAT, UN agencies, NGOs, INGOs, Government agencies, and corporate partners, often representing RedR Australia at the highest levels within these partner agencies, to deliver on MEL activities. Other key responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic advice around the quality, delivery, and direction of the MEL function
- Building the MEL team’s capacity to continuously improve the system and ensure its integrity
- Leading, with the MEL team, the implementation of the Australia Assists MEL framework
- Ensuring all donor reporting milestones are met to an exceptionally high standard
- Contributing to strategic planning, process improvement, and organisational development
You are qualified in a relevant discipline and are currently leading, managing, and delivering the MEL function for an international humanitarian or development organisation, an international NGO, or a programme with significant MEL-related responsibilities. You have high-level and strategic experience leading programme evaluations or reviews in a range of humanitarian, emergency management, or international development settings. You have a demonstrated understanding of contemporary qualitative and quantitative MEL methodologies and you engage sensitively with people from different cultural groups, as well as diplomatically with international partners and foreign governments to achieve programme objectives. Additionally, you offer:
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills across diverse groups and major donors
- Demonstrated ethical leadership, team management, and capacity building experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; public speaking and report writing skills
- Expertise in negotiating sensitive diplomatic/politically ambiguous spaces to achieve outcomes
- Advanced MS Office skills (CRMs and/or HRIMS) and ideally data visualisation experience/skills
- Delivery of donor-funded programmes and adaptive programming experience is desirable
- Experience harnessing technology to deliver MEL objectives is a strong advantage
- The ability to travel internationally is required; a satisfactory Police Check is essential
If you would like to leverage your strategic MEL leadership expertise to deliver the Australia Assists programme and other international humanitarian initiatives, please apply by addressing the key skills and experience required, forwarding your cover letter and resume quoting reference # 840128, or call Lois Freeke in confidence on: +61 (0) 2 8243 0570.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Manager, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Consulting, #Humanitarian, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development, #Social_Enterprise