About the organisation
The Social Impact Hub collaborates with purpose driven organisations to accelerate change. Through advice, education, ecosystem building and the mobilisation of capital, we help to create a world where people and the planet thrive. We are a trusted partner for a broad range of bold, forward-thinking organisations who wish to transform our local communities and the world.
We are a small, hard-working and passionate team at the Social Impact Hub. We seek someone who fits our values and culture. Our values are:
- We have our finger on the pulse
- We’re truly collaborative
- We keep it real
- We push the boundaries of what’s possible
About the role
This is your opportunity to join the Social Impact Hub, an innovative and inspirational social enterprise. This role will lead the delivery of innovative and best-practice marketing and communication strategies and play a key role in ensuring that the Hub’s promotional and positioning activities enable organisational objectives.
The role provides a unique opportunity for you to work across the organisation and engage with diverse stakeholders in the social enterprise and impact investing sectors.
If you are passionate about social impact and want to put your strong marketing and communications skills to use for good, we’d love to hear from you.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will be primarily responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating Social Impact Hub’s brand, marketing and communications strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
Marketing and Communications management
- Develop and oversee the implementation of Social Impact Hub’s marketing and communications strategy, as well as the Hub’s marketing and content calendars. Work collaboratively with relevant team members to manage the Hub’s marketing acquisition and retention strategies.
- Work in collaboration with relevant team members to develop and oversee the marketing and communications strategy of Social Impact Hub programs and other strategic initiatives, including recruitment and promotion of the Professional Impact Network.
- Work with relevant team members and external agencies to manage the organisation’s website maintenance and optimisation, including developing and implementing a demand generation strategy for both SEM and SEO.
- Work with relevant team members and external agencies to manage organisational content production and distribution, including monthly newsletters, social media engagement, lead generation and EDMs, press releases and blog posts.
- Oversee the organisation’s corporate branding strategy and execution, ensuring the maintenance of branding across all platforms and communications. Work with relevant team members and external agencies to manage the development of branded materials in a timely manner.
- Proactively manage strategic marketing initiatives, including a public relations/media engagement strategy to maximise impact where relevant.
- Facilitate organisational advertising through relevant channels, including creating and optimising social media advertising campaigns.
- Regularly evaluate and optimise organisational marketing performance and manage ongoing marketing and communications reporting.
Broader organisational responsibilities
- Provide relevant data and insights to support the management team to undertake organisational performance monitoring and forecasting, impact measurement and organisational decision-making within appropriate timeframes and against organisational expectations.
- Support the maintenance of integrated project planning systems, as well as organisational data management and reporting to provide timely and insightful business intelligence and ensure all activity is in line with strategic and operational planning.
- Contribute to program and organisational strategy development, cross-portfolio collaboration and operational governance.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with our internal team to leverage synergies, ensure alignment with broader organisational work streams and drive collaboration to deliver high quality outcomes.
- Stay abreast of sector developments and provide relevant insights to the Social Impact Hub team in a timely manner, as relevant.
The successful candidate will:
- Show initiative and be able to work autonomously, but also be a team player;
- Be self-motivated and have a “can do” action-orientated approach;
- Display exceptional ethical standards;
- Be a fast learner;
- Be adaptable and flexible; and
- Very importantly, have a passion for making a difference within the organisation and the wider community.
Key selection criteria:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a marketing and communications related role.
- excellent communication skills, written, verbal, visual and through the use of technology, including content production skills;
- excellent attention to detail;
- the ability to work to tight timelines and work quickly;
- the ability to be a creative and innovative thinker;
- ideally basic graphic design skills (Canva);
- the ability to use WordPress and Squarespace;
- experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn);
- strong project coordination skills; and
- relevant tertiary education qualifiations.
General knowledge of at least one of the Social Impact Hub’s areas of work is preferred (ie. impact investing, social enterprise development, impact measurement, philanthropy, corporate social responsibility etc).
REPORTING & REMUNERATION
The Marketing and Communications Manager will be a part time role (2-4 days per week) and report to Social Impact Hub’s General Manager. Work plans and KPIs will be agreed on a quarterly basis in line with overall operational planning.
Appropriate remuneration in line with experience to be negotiated.
We support flexible work arrangements and applicants who would like to work part-time/flexible hours are encouraged to apply. The role is based at the Social Impact Hub in Edgecliff, with likely 1-2 days per week working from home (COVID dependent).
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Marketing and Communications Manager via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Children, #Community_Development, #Conservation_and_Environment, #Consulting, #CSR, #Disabilities, #Drug_Alcohol_and_Addiction, #Education_and_Employment, #Education_and_Training, #Families, #Government, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Indigenous, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #LGBTIQ, #Mental_Health, #Social_Enterprise, #Women, #Youth_and_Young_People