About the organisation
The Good Box is a social enterprise (soon to also be a registered charity) that distributes beautifully packaged gift boxes for people experiencing homelessness. Co-founded by Gali Blacher and Madelyn Jones, The Good Box is designed to facilitate positive conversations surrounding homelessness and dismantle misconceptions. The Good Box endeavours to make a meaningful difference in the lives of those in need.
About the role
The Good Box is looking for a hard-working and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Operations & Volunteer Coordinator based in Melbourne. This is an entry-level casual position that will perfectly suit someone who is currently studying or recently graduated. While this is a casual position, we are in a growth phase and would ideally like this person to grow with us. This person should be living in Melbourne and would be comfortable to work autonomously, as the head of operations and operational counterparts live in Brisbane. You will mainly be working out of our shared warehouse in Templestowe but you will also have access to the co-founders home office in Caulfield North and a shared workspace in Richmond. Please note that the co-founder mentioned is not your direct manager but will be able to provide support.
This is a brand new position as part of our expansion strategy for 2022.
- You have a knack for logistics and have the ability to keep track of all incoming and outgoing stock in a highly organised and effective manner.
- You’re a team player who enjoys making connections with new people.
- You’re a creative thinker, who is unafraid to think outside the box.
- You have some experience with warehouse logistics, supply chain management, and stock take (not mandatory – this can be taught but it is good to have a general understanding)
- You’re proficient with Excel, Microsoft Word, and Google Suite.
- You have some experience coordinating people (desirably volunteers).
- You have strong initiative and possess the ability to work autonomously.
- Have a keen interest in the social enterprise/charity sector.
- Available to work 5-10 hours per week (with the possibility of working longer hours during peak periods)
- An understanding of working in a small for-purpose business and that flexibility is required as you may be required to work outside your job description from time to time
- You are looking to gain experience and grow with The Good Box long term
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Maintain stock levels in the warehouse in Templestowe
- Coordinate stock movements to the warehouse (incoming and outgoing deliveries).
- Maintain a clean and tidy warehouse.
- Coordinate and lead all volunteer shifts at the warehouse, including onboarding new volunteers.
- Help foster high volunteer morale and engagement, including managing the volunteer Facebook group, planning social events, and creating volunteer appreciation programs.
- Maintain a communication schedule with the co-founders and track work-in-progress.
- Coordinate all logistic related tasks for corporate and school program events
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks when required.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Operations and Volunteer Coordinator (Paid Position) via Pro Bono Australia.