About the organisation
Banyule Community Health employ a wide range of qualified and experienced health and welfare professionals as well as purpose-driven customer services and corporate professionals to ensure we meet our purpose.
We are located in Melbourne’s north and northwest, we are close to public transport, bike paths, shopping precincts and major arterial road networks.
About the role
- Part-time or casual, 2 days p.w – 1-year contract
- Generous salary packaging
- Supportive team-oriented environment
- Flexible employment arrangements, training, and development, employee assistance and more
We have an exciting opportunity for a Paediatric Occupational Therapist to work in our Child Health multi-disciplinary team as part of the School Readiness Funding initiative. You will be working with kindergarten educators and families in the Banyule, Darebin, Nillumbik and Yarra regions, to build their capacity to support young children’s learning in the key areas of:
- Improved speech, language, social interaction and early literacy outcomes
- Self-regulation and positive and pro-social behaviours
- Social and emotional wellbeing
Your motivation, interpersonal skills, and expertise as a Paediatric Occupational Therapist will see you excel in this role as you:
- Work collaboratively with kindergarten educators and families in kindergarten communities to build their capacity to support young children’s learning
- Work effectively in a multidisciplinary paediatric allied health team
- Use your high-level communication and rapport building skills to ensure positive relationships are built with internal and external
What you will need:
- Approved qualification in Occupational Therapy Registration with AHPRA
- Experience working with children in an early primary/preschool setting with families who may be experiencing hardship
- Experience working in a capability building and coaching role with educators and families to promote skills and knowledge in child development
- Ability to be part of a mobile workforce and travel to kindergartens within Banyule, Darebin, Nillumbik and Yarra regions
We pride ourselves on our supportive attitude and culture, built on our core values of Dignity in everything we do, Quality matters and It takes passion. Our Child Health team is passionate about what we do and we make a significant difference to our clients’ health and well-being.
How to apply
To apply for this job go to:
https://bchs.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code:
5787182 or hit 'Apply Now'
For enquiries, call Julie Wiltshire on Mob: 0409 327 049
Please address key selection criteria in your cover letter.
Banyule Community Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring recruitment processes are fair to all candidates
Please quote in application: Paediatric Occupational Therapist – Grade 1 or Grade 2 via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Support_Services, #Health_–_General