About the organisation
Mental Health Australia is the peak, national non-government organisation representing and promoting the interests of the Australian mental health sector and is committed to achieving better mental health for all Australians.
Mental Health Australia aims to promote mentally healthy communities, educate Australians on mental health issues, influence mental health reform so that government policies address all contemporary mental health issues, conduct research on mental health issues, and carry out regular consultation to represent the best
interests of members, stakeholders and the Australian community.
These endeavours in education and policy reform are matched by our commitment to researching more innovative approaches to the provision of mental health care. In addition, Mental Health Australia continues to focus on the human rights of people with a mental illness and their carers.
About the role
Full-time position to June 2022 (with possible extension)
- Excellent opportunity to work with a national not for profit organisation
- Use your leadership, communication and strategic skills to cultivate and nurture relationships
- Competitive salary range of $86,000 (FTE), plus super, plus charity salary packaging options
- Supportive, family-friendly work environment
Reporting to the Director, External Relations, this full-time position is responsible for engaging with, and coordinating Mental Health Australia’s membership and other stakeholders, ensuring that all stakeholder views are reflected in Mental Health Australia’s advocacy, policy and communications.
This position also supports Mental Health Australia’s internal and external communications activities and specific projects as directed by the Director of External Relations.
We are seeking a person with:
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills evidenced by proven abilities to effectively develop, nurture and maintain relationships with members and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience working with a CRM system (iMIS and/or Dynamics365 preferred) associated with membership and/or stakeholder relations.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Demonstrated facilitation and negotiation skills, including the ability to effectively consult and liaise with people of diverse backgrounds
- Degree qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline, and/or at least 3 years related experience.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills, demonstrated creativity and an ability to deliver on ideas.
- Strong organisational and project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a small team environment.
- Able to demonstrate values consistent with Mental Health Australia.
This is a unique opportunity to become involved with an organisation that is dedicated to driving better mental health for all Australians.
Your hard work and dedication will be rewarded with excellent remuneration circa $86,000 (FTE), plus super, plus charity salary packaging options. We provide flexible work and leave arrangements, and a range of additional employment benefits to enable employees to balance their work and other commitments.
How to apply
Hit Apply Now and submit your application or go to:
http://mhaustralia.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref
For further information please contact Nikki Hogan, Director External
Relations via: Nikki.email@example.com or call 02 6285 3100.
Applicants should include a copy of their current resume and a statement addressing the key selection criteria (skills, knowledge and experience) of the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an equitable and diverse workplace. We encourage people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
The preferred applicant for this job will be asked to consent in writing to a police and entitlement to work in Australia check. People with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this job. Each application will be considered on its merits. Applicants can contact Mental Health Australia to find out more information.
Please quote in application: Partnerships Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Mental_Health