About the organisation
At Raise we exist to help young people. We do one thing, and we do it really well – youth mentoring.
Our best-practice, school-based program is proven to make positive and sustained change. Mentoring empowers young people to be resilient, connected and hopeful for the future. We match trained volunteers with teenagers who would benefit most from an independent, caring adult who is there to listen – and be there just for them.
Our early intervention youth mentoring program is currently in over 150 high schools across Australia. This translates to over 2,000 young people matched with a qualified mentor, and we are growing each year.
About the role
As the Philanthropy Manager at Raise, you will use your strategic fundraising and revenue generation experience to drive support and engagement from high-value donors/audiences, focusing on major donors, trusts, foundations and partners.
Reporting to the Partnerships and Fundraising Director, you will, identify, pursue and confirm financial and in-kind partners for Raise Foundation from private philanthropic organisations and foundations.
You will do this by:
- Using your existing networks, and through building new networks, identify potential partnership opportunities for Raise
- Cultivate and secure relationships with partnership prospects
- Identify ‘good business’ for Raise through your research into prospective partners, seeking alignment in values, and developing a good understanding of your prospects business and market
- Plan, prepare and delivering personalised written and verbal presentations, pitches and proposals to prospective partners
- Finalise new partnerships by coordinating requirements; developing proposals and negotiating contracts
- Identify and attend networking opportunities connected with the role including events which may occur outside normal business or working hours
- Work closely with Raise internal teams to ensure the success of your partnerships, and the best outcomes for Raise and the young people we support
- Deliver annual individual financial targets and contribute to broader team and organisational financial targets and key performance indicators
In addition, you will used to delivering excellence and growth in the ongoing relationship management of your portfolio of partners, building engagement and shared value for long term relationships
Skills and experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally in the not-for-profit sector
- Strong motivation to drive business development and meet fundraising goals
- Sales planning, prospecting and closing skills with a customer focused approach
- Strong capability to represent Raise to corporate, government, community and education partners
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Relevant market/industry knowledge
- Excellent organisational skills and commitment to CRM usage (Salesforce)
- Excellent interpersonal relationships and ability to network
- Completion of Raise selection process including Youth Safety Checks (Working with Children (Employee) Check and National Crime Check)
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office365, Salesforce, and cloud-based systems such as Google Drive
- Prior relevant experience in the not for profit industry and a genuine interest in working with young people
- Comfortable asking for donations/gifts on behalf of a charity
- Ability to dream big and be creative whilst building your portfolio for Raise
- Outstanding ability to build and maintain relationships
- Influential, inspiring, motivating
- Takes initiative and results orientated
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Well organised with good time management
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Integrity and professionalism
- High energy level
- Warm and friendly outlook
- Reliable, committed and dedicated
- Shows honesty and integrity, and leads by example
- Shows respect of privacy and confidentiality
- Passionate about Raise and supporting youth
Six values that express our shared understanding of what we believe, how we would like others to see our personality, what we aspire to as an organisation, and how we aim to behave:\
Be Courageous – we are imaginative, driven, progressive, confident
Show Heart – we are kind, passionate, sincere, empathetic
Give Respect – we believe in acceptance, equity, inclusivity
Apply Integrity – we operate with authenticity, accountability, transparency
Bring Vitality – we are positive, fun, energetic, inspiring
Deliver Excellence – we are evidence-based, responsive, consistent, experts in our industry
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Manager via Pro Bono Australia.