About the organisation
With significant experience in the disability sector within government and community organisations, Rubix Support is passionate about supporting people with cognitive impairments to lead the life they want to live and to achieve their goals and aspirations. Rubix Support provide support to people aged between two years to sixty-five years old. We are a registered provider under the NDIS and provide services across three main areas - positive behaviour support, support coordination and lifestyle support. We are focused on evidence based best practise, a commitment to social justice with a human rights lens who are passionate about achieving positive outcomes for the people we support
WHY WORK WITH US?
- When you join our team you become one of us! We are committed to your personal growth and provide you with significant, on-going support including training opportunities. Rubix Support do not hire people in subcontracting arrangements, just like the good old days, you will have job security! This means that you will never be asked to provide your own ABN number/insurance etc. You are covered by, and paid above industry award classifications and receive all standard entitlements such recreational and sick leave, travel allowance, and that all important 17.5% leave loading as you would expect.
- You will be part of a team that has significant experience supporting people with cognitive impairments and who are leaders in the field of positive behaviour support. We are a team that strives on positive team culture, are always happy to support each other and who enjoy a good laugh.
- You are provided with all the necessary tools to complete your rewarding role including an Apple MacBook and phone which provides you with the ability to work flexibly.
- Connection and support is really important for everyone who works with us which is why we have two offices where you can work from as well as the ability to work remotely.
- You are provided with extensive support throughout the week, not just at the fortnightly supervisions, monthly peer supervision or monthly team meetings that occur.
- Our claimable hours of work each day is significantly below the industry standard
- Working with an established service that has significant experience within the positive behaviour support space not only provides you with vast opportunities for development but also ensures that the people you support will be given the best possible outcome.
- Office located in IVANHOE EAST
About the role
AS A POSITIVE BEHAVIOUR SUPPORT PRACTITIONER YOU WILL:
- Conduct observations, collect data and work directly with an individual to understand why they are displaying behaviour that others find challenging
- Develop comprehensive functional behaviour assessments that are centred on an individual’s goals and aspirations
- Write reports that address the referral purpose in user-friendly formats
- Maintain documented evidence to demonstrate your process and support your recommendations
- Develop visual aids that are reflective of the support needs of the individual and the targeted audience
- Use your knowledge and skills to ensure that the individual’s goals are being achieved through advocacy and support
- Work closely with an individual’s family and support network
- Provide training to staff and families around positive behaviour support and assist in the implementation of this practice
- Communicate professionally and be responsive when working with external providers within complex care teams
- Be able to work independently in remote settings but maintain contact
- Have strong administrative and record keeping skills, ensuring adherence to privacy and confidentially legislation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Positive Behaviour Support via Pro Bono Australia.