About the organisation
Mental Health Australia is the peak, national non-government organisation representing and promoting the interests of the Australian mental health sector and is committed to achieving better mental health for all Australians.
Mental Health Australia aims to promote mentally healthy communities, educate Australians on mental health issues, influence mental health reform so that government policies address all contemporary mental health issues, conduct research on mental health issues, and carry out regular consultation to represent the best interests of members, stakeholders and the Australian community. These endeavours in education and policy reform are matched by our commitment to researching more innovative approaches to the provision of mental health care.
In addition, Mental Health Australia continues to focus on the human rights of people with a mental illness and their carers.
About the role
Deakin, Canberra, ACT
- Excellent opportunity to work with a national not for profit organisation
- Full-time position to June 2022 (with possible extension)
- Competitive salary range of $77,000 (FTE), plus super, plus charity salary packaging options
- Supportive, family-friendly work environment
This position is responsible for providing project and administration support to mental health consumers and carers engaged in Mental Health Australia or Mental Health Australia auspiced activities, particularly the National Register of Mental Health Consumer and Carer Representatives (National Register) and the National Mental Health Consumer & Carer Forum (NMHCCF).
We are seeking a person with:
- Demonstrated experience in a relevant administrative environment and proven administrative skills, including use of Microsoft Office products, general correspondence and report generation and preparation.
- Strong organisational skills including the ability to manage numerous tasks concurrently, establish priorities and work to tight or competing deadlines.
- Understanding of consumer and carer advocacy and activism, trauma-informed practice, and the principles of recovery.
- Demonstrated ability in project management, including research, analysis, and planning.
- Sound secretariat experience in preparing meeting documentation (agendas, minute taking and writing, and preparation of meeting action lists) and organising travel and venue requirements.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and on an individual basis.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and initiative.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively build and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholder groups such as consumers, carers, co-workers, community groups, government agencies and individuals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate values consistent with the Mental Health Australia.
This is a unique opportunity to become involved with an organisation that is dedicated to driving better mental health for all Australians.
Your hard work and dedication will be rewarded with excellent remuneration circa $77,000 (FTE), plus super, plus charity salary packaging options.
We provide flexible work and leave arrangements, and a range of additional employment benefits to enable employees to balance their work and other commitments.
For further information please contact:
Danica Browne, Manager Lived Experience Programs, via email: Danica.Browne@mhaustralia.org
How to apply
Hit Apply Now and submit your application, or go to: http://mhaustralia.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref
Applicants should include a copy of their current resume and a statement addressing the key selection criteria (skills, knowledge and experience) of the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an equitable and diverse workplace. We encourage people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
The preferred applicant for this job will be asked to consent in writing to police and entitlement to work in Australia check. People with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this job. Each application will be considered on its merits. Applicants can contact Mental Health Australia to find out more information.
Please quote in application: Project and Administration Officer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Mental_Health