About the organisation
National Disability Services (NDS) is Australia's peak body for non-government disability service organisations, representing over 1200 non-government service providers.
At NDS, we are committed to supporting our members and the disability sector more broadly to provide high-quality support and services to people with disability. NDS promotes the full inclusion of people with disability and this commitment is outlined in our Disability Action Plan (DAP).
NDS is committed to fostering an inclusive and values-driven work environment respecting the diversity of our employees, and the members and communities we serve.
NDS employees come with a strong appreciation for the disability sector, and the passion to make a difference.
To find out more about working for NDS please visit our website at http://nds.org.au.
About the role
- Use your expertise to achieve positive outcomes.
- Work with a small, motivated team.
- Work across dynamic and rewarding projects.
- Part-time, 3 days, 22.8 hours per week
- Fixed-term contract until 31 July 2022
About the role:
The Project Assistant would provide support to the Project Coordinator to successfully meet project deliverables. This includes three established projects and newly acquired projects.
These projects include a project targeted at improving healthy eating for people with disability, a project to support and promote disability employment, and workforce projects aimed at increasing employment in the disability sector.
- Demonstrated organisational and administrative skills and proven capability to support multi-faceted projects delivered on time and on budget.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and maintain networks with a range of stakeholders and publicly present on workforce opportunities.
- Is resilient and adaptable to change the course of action as needed.
- Proactive and positive attitude.
- Experience in administration or project assistance roles is highly desirable
What we Offer:
- Flexible working including working from home
- Salary packaging
- Collaborative environment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning and development
- Retail discounts, well-being center and recognition
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria by clicking on the Apply Now button.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact:
Alice Flockhart, State Manager at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in the position. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We will require you to provide the following with your application:
- Police Background Check
- Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Covid Vaccination Certificate
If you have any requirements for the interview (e.g. mobility access, or other adjustments), please let us know in advance so accessibility arrangements can be made.
NDS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applications from all diverse groups and background.
No Agencies Please
Please quote in application: Project Assistant (TAS) via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities