About the organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Service (EDVOS) is a leading specialist family violence service in Victoria. Our work is focused across seven Local Government Areas including Boroondara, Manningham, Whitehorse, Monash, Knox, Maroondah and Yarra Ranges. Some of our training, education and primary prevention programs are national. EDVOS is predominantly funded to work with women and children. It is recognised that being female is the biggest risk factor for experiencing family violence. EDVOS acknowledges that family violence can take many forms such as intimate partner violence, child abuse, elder abuse, carer abuse, parental abuse and sibling abuse. Our specialist family violence response services are mostly directed towards women, including women from the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex (LGBTI) communities, children, pets and other animals, who are responding to any form of family violence.
EDVOS is committed to assisting all people, regardless of ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age and ability within our community and can also provide access to other family violence services that are most suitable to the individual’s unique needs and goals.
About the role
Project Lead – Targeted Case Management
- Fixed term 6 month contract (30.06.2022)
- Full time (76 hours per fortnight)
- Excellent Professional Development Opportunities
- Access to generous salary packaging
About the Opportunity
The Project Lead is responsible for managing the delivery of the Targeted Case Management Vaccination Program.
The role will be required to work closely with the Services Leadership Team and case management team to equip Special Family Violence Advocates to be able to support clients and achieve the program objectives to:
- Improve access by removing practical barriers to COVID-19 vaccinations; and
- Promote and increase vaccine confidence through targeted case management.
What We Offer:
- Excellent professional development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS staff training
- Option of a monthly accrued day off (ADO) for full time staff
- Flexible working hours and generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- Regular supervision and management support including access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid parental leave for eligible staff
- Health and wellbeing programs for all staff including yoga classes and stretch classes as well as walk at work program- being revamped for 2022!
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
Salary for this position will be aligned with SCHADS Level 6 + legislated super.
Essential to your success
- Tertiary qualification relevant to Community Services
- Significant experience in project work and / or community development
- Solid understanding of the concepts underpinning project management frameworks
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexities of and impact of family violence on women and children
- High level of interpersonal skills, sensitivity and a demonstrated ability to relate to people from diverse backgrounds
Please review the Position Description for a full list of accountabilities and criteria which can be accessed below or at our website at www.edvos.org.au/get-involved.
How to apply
For further information regarding this position, please contact Janene Evans, General Manager Services and Impact on (03) 9259 4200.
Applications including cover letter, CV and a separate document addressing the key selection criteria (as outlined in the PD), should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: ADS 2722 PL by COB Wednesday 19th January 2022.
EDVOS predominantly employs women, including women from the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex (LGBTI) communities, as per the findings of Equal Opportunity exemption H327/2017 and by special measure. This is due to the specialist nature of the work and the services that EDVOS provides to women and children who are responding to family violence in the community.
EDVOS actively promotes a safe and inclusive workplace where workers are free from discrimination and are afforded dignity and respect. We encourage applications from women of all abilities, as well as from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and those who identify as LGBTI.
EDVOS is a child-focused and child safe organisation and is committed to promoting and protecting the safety and interests of children (including the cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children; children with a disability and children who identify as LGBTI)
All appointments with EDVOS are subject to a police records check, working with children check and reference checks.
Please quote in application: Project Lead – Targeted Case Management Vaccination Program via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Community_Support_Services, #Families, #Women