About the organisation
About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Full Time, Maximum Term (until December 2022)
About the opportunity
Catalyst is a rehabilitation program for people who have experienced problematic alcohol and other drug use. It is for clients who have completed a withdrawal and need a period of intensive therapeutic support to prevent relapse and maintain their changed behaviour.
We are seeking an experienced Senior AOD Counsellor to join our team in our innovative national award winning program. By joining our multi- disciplinary team, you will have an opportunity to further develop your clinical skills with a diverse group of participants both as an individual counsellor and group facilitator. You will assess the suitability of clients referred to the program and facilitate the intake and assessment process in collaboration with intra and inter service providers
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant health and or welfare Tertiary Qualification such as Social Work, Psychology, Nursing or Allied Health Sciences.
- Certificate IV in AOD or have completed the core competencies (or able to complete within the first 12 months of employment).
- Experience working with AOD or dual diagnosis clients.
- Demonstrated experience providing drug and alcohol assessment and counselling activities
- Demonstrated experience providing drug and alcohol assessment and counselling services
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability by addressing the key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Thursday 20 January 2022
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please contact James McGregor, Team Leader Catalyst Programs on 0435 399 328
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: https://www.unitingvictas.org.au/
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Senior AOD Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #Drug_Alcohol_and_Addiction, #Education_and_Employment, #Education_and_Training, #Employment_Services, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Humanitarian, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Media, #Men, #Mental_Health, #Social_Enterprise, #Women, #Youth_and_Young_People