About the organisation
The Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Victoria, providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Our vision is that young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds are connected, empowered and influential Australians.
About the role
About the Role
CMY seeks a Senior Multicultural Youth Worker (SMYW) to join our Dandenong Case work team. The SMYW will be responsible for providing case management to multicultural, newly-arrived young people with a focus on developing a coordinated network of support and to promote young peoples’ connectedness with family, school, peers, services and the community.
This role may also include the provision of support, supervision and guidance to Multicultural Youth Workers (MYWs) and Youth Facilitators engaged in youth support and casework activities across the organisation.
- Hours: 38 hours per week (1 FTE), Full Time
- Fixed Term: until 30 June 2023
- Base Salary (SCHADS Level 5) : $84, 849 per annum plus Super and access to Salary Packaging
- Location: CMY Dandenong Office (Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this role will require you to initially work from home)
- Applications Close: Midday 12:00pm, Wednesday 26 January 2022
- Interviews: to be held in the week beginning 1 Feb 2022
- In line with Victorian Government Vaccination requirements, the successful applicant must be fully vaccinated with a TGA approved COVID-19 vaccine and provide evidence of COVID 19 vaccination prior to commencement
You will have
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of managing complex caseloads and high level knowledge of case work processes.
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexity of issues affecting at risk refugee young people and their families, particularly access and equity issues for those who are newly arrived and speak a language other than English.
- Ability to support,, induct and supervise individuals or small teams engaging in client facing work
- Ability to manage own work and the capacity to work effectively in teams with shared case-loads across programs
- Sound understanding of family conflict issues for multicultural, refugee and newly arrived young people and their communities.
- Strong administrative, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to effectively engage with stakeholders, communities, government and non-government organisations, and the general public.
For more information
- On the role, download the Position Description available here: https://www.cmy.net.au/work-with-us/
- On CMY, visit http://www.cmy.net.au/about-us
- Contact person for the role: Bec Lean- Program Manager- Youth Support 0431 729 752
How to Apply
Applications including your cover letter, resume and response to the Key Selection Criteria can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: <Insert your name> CMY246
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Multicultural Youth Worker (CMY246) via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Youth_and_Young_People