About the organisation
About the role
- Prepare and collect data for external submissions to represent the interests of graduate students.
- Prepare briefs and other policy documents to support and further GSA’s advocacy agenda.
- Support Programs Director to develop and implement strategies for executing GSA policy as set by GSA Board.
- Undertake regular consultation with graduate students to influence policy strategy and submissions.
- Participate in relevant University and external committees, working groups and other bodies to support and progress GSA’s advocacy agenda.
- In consultation with Programs Director, develop strategy to build GSA’s community advocacy platform.
- Support GSA graduate student representatives to plan and deliver campaigns.
- Prepare letters, media pieces, submissions, lobbying documents and other relevant documents for GSA campaigns and their spokespeople.
- Supervise Graduate Policy & Advocacy Officer.
- Contribute to team discussions and projects.
- Contribute to organisation-wide projects as required.
- Undertake other tasks as directed.
- Experience in developing policy and strategies for policy implementation including a strong understanding of how to prepare effective and persuasive policy documents
- Experience undertaking campaign and stakeholder consultation work.
- Ability to project manage and analyse data.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to readily synthesise available research and information in order to provide accurate advice and guidance.
- A tertiary qualification in social policy, public policy or a related field.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Senior Policy Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.