About the organisation
ARC Justice (Advocacy and Rights Centre Ltd.) was established in 2000. We have a long history of community engagement, partnerships, advocacy and campaigning, beginning as a tenancy rights and advocacy service in Bendigo and going on to establish two community legal centres in Bendigo and Shepparton.
Our programs now provide legal and tenancy support services across ten local government areas in central and northern Victoria, with a team of 37 staff working to advocate for and uphold the rights of rural and regional Victorians.
About the role
The Social Worker role provides discrete support and case management services to disadvantaged and vulnerable clients who will benefit from additional support alongside their legal matter. The social worker role will complement our already existing multi-disciplinary legal programs within ARC Justice and will be providing clients with assistance and support throughout their legal matter to strengthen their resilience, engage with community services, gain the skills and confidence needed to manage their legal matter, and build personal capacity and independence.
This position carries a caseload of clients and provides a mix of short-term, long-term, and intensive case management support. This position undertakes initial assessments, assistance and referrals to ensure relevant needs are addressed in areas including family violence, parenting and children, mental health and disability support, in turn allowing clients to engage proactively with their legal matter.
You are a social worker with a passion for human rights and providing assistance to clients in disadvantaged communities.
You are able to:
• Deliver high quality case management
• Develop strong relationships with other supporting organisations/services
• Communicate with clients and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
You will be joining an established and cohesive team that has a strong culture of collaboration and continuous improvement.
- 0.8 to 1 FTE (60.8 to 76 hours per fortnight) ongoing position.
- A flexible and supportive team environment where staff engagement and development are prioritised.
- SCHADS Level 5 Award salary subject to skills and experience.
- 3 days ex gratia between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- Salary packaging and accommodation and meal/entertainment packaging is also available.
ARC Justice is an inclusive employer. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, members of the LGBTIQ+ and culturally diverse communities encouraged to apply.
Enquiries can be directed to Lindy Harland via email@example.com and a return phone call will be arranged.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted via email and not through any third-party recruitment platform.
Please address applications to Ben Wu, People and Shared Services Manager, via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must include:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV/Resume)
- A cover letter
- Your response to the key selection criteria (essential and desirable skills/experience)
Please note that applications that do not respond to the key selection criteria (essential and desirable) will not be considered for interview. Applications close at 9am Monday January 31st 2022, with interviews to take place the following week.
Please quote in application: Social Worker- LCCLC via Pro Bono Australia.