About the organisation
Australian Wildlife Conservancy (AWC) is the largest private (non-profit) owner of land for conservation in Australia, protecting threatened wildlife across a vast 6.5 million hectares in iconic regions such as the Kimberley, Cape York, the Top End and Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre. AWC is transforming conservation on the ground by deploying a practical, science-based model for conservation - one that is successfully halting the decline of Australia’s threatened wildlife and restoring our unique biodiversity. With 1,800 animals and plants now threatened with extinction there is a real urgency to do more. We have ambitious plans to secure the future of Australia’s biodiversity and we are now expanding our fundraising team to help us achieve our vision.
About the role
Reporting to the Fundraising Manager, the Telephone Fundraiser will engage with our existing and potential supporters, thanking them for their support and inspiring them to help fund AWC’s mission and vision. This role will suit a passionate individual keen to make a positive impact on the future of Australia’s threatened wildlife by mobilising philanthropic support.
The Telephone Fundraiser will demonstrate:
- Relevant experience is desirable but not essential as ongoing coaching and support will be provided.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and persuasive skills with a confident telephone manner.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and inspire a diverse audience.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Drive and motivation to deliver ongoing results and meet targets.
- Basic computer skills and ability to use database systems and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work flexible hours as key requirement of the role.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of support care.
- Experience in working for charity or not-for-profit organisations (desirable)
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing, innovative and extremely successful organisation that is playing a key role in shaping the future of conservation in Australia. The position is based at AWC’s Perth office (Subiaco) and offered on a temporary part-time contact.
How to apply
Dani Ryder, Fundraising Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit an application, click ‘Apply Now'. You will be directed to AWC's careers page to complete an online application form.
Your application must include CV and covering letter, briefly addressing your experience, critical competencies, and interest in the role. Applications that do not meet these requirements will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 30 January 2022
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident or have a suitable visa in place that allows suitable working rights in Australia, in order to apply for this position. Sponsorship is not available.
- If you apply for this role, AWC will include you in its ongoing updates and communications about its events, activities and fundraising initiatives. You may opt out of these communications at any time.
Please quote in application: Telephone Fundraiser via Pro Bono Australia.