About the organisation
Every year, more than 35,500 Victorians will be diagnosed with cancer, and nearly 11,000 will die from cancer. The number of cases will increase as our population grows and ages. Survival will also improve as we get better at early detection and treatment of cancer.
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
Our people work and volunteer at Cancer Council Victoria to contribute to an organisation that makes a real difference in people’s lives and is valued by the community we serve. In return we are proud to foster a culture that supports individuals to reach their full potential, in an environment that reflects our values of Excellence, Integrity and Compassion.
The Fundraising and Communications Division (FCD) is responsible for ensuring that Cancer Council maintains a visible, engaging presence in the community; and to inspire and activate support from Victorians.
DIVISION AND BUSINESS UNIT
Through a diverse revenue generation program, the Division works to ensure funds are raised to support the Cancer Council’s work in line with the organisation’s mission and values.
This is achieved through best-practice high volume direct marketing approaches; exceptional relationship management of high value supporters including Major Donors, Charitable Trusts and Bequestors; delivery of iconic fundraising events; and product sales and royalties through our retail arm.
The Division’s ways of working enable our teams to move quickly, deliver ongoing value to our supporters and foster a culture of continuous improvement. We connect our cause and values to how we organise ourselves, and our work, to help supporters play their part in saving lives and reducing the impact of cancer.
The Brand, Communications and Marketing Unit works across multiple channels and campaigns, to deliver innovative, omni-channel, impactful marketing and communications activities. This drives supporter, consumer and public engagement, fundraising outcomes and understanding of the Cancer Council Victoria brand.
The Unit works in partnership with multiple internal stakeholders to achieve strategic outcomes and ensure Cancer Council Victoria delivers consistent brand messaging and experience for our many audiences across all our touchpoints.
About the role
We are seeking an UX/UI Coordinator to join the Fundraising and Communications Division within Cancer Council Victoria. Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager your role is to:
Develop seamless, intuitive digital product solutions to enrich the experiences our supporters have with us across Cancer Council Victoria’s entire digital ecosystem.
The role will also conduct research, analyse web data, provide UX/UI thought leadership, and manage day-to-day campaigns across Cancer Council Victoria’s digital assets.
- Investigate and recommend user experience design solutions and requirements for Cancer Council’s digital assets, and oversee implementation of projects, notably Cancer Council’s website
- Producing high quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps and prototypes
- Test UI elements such as Call To Actions (CTAs), banners, page layouts, page designs, page flows, and target links for landing pages
- Provide campaign solutions leveraging Cancer Council Victoria’s digital ecosystems to meet key campaign objectives
- Manage UX/UI best practice across Cancer Council Victoria’s digital ecosystem, working closely with Digital Services
- Build and maintain relationships with staff within FCD, as well as other CCV Divisions and teams, including IT, Finance and Prevention to ensure digital projects and content design begin with best practice
- Collaborate with the Digital Services team and internal and external designers and developers to ensure the creation and delivery of tailored experiences for the digital user
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Advanced Diploma in UX/UI design or other relevant field
- A portfolio of professional UX/UI design work for web and mobile
- Strong experience in developing and managing information and office systems with a proven ability to improve administrative processes, preferably within a research environment
- Strong organisation and time management skills, with an ability to work autonomously and the proven ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to take initiative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of relevant technologies and software such as HTML, CSS (SCSS), iOS, Android, Design Systems and Adobe Creative Suite
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity visit our career website to download a Position Description and apply though our website. Ensure that your cover letter addresses the Key Selection Criteria detailed within the Position Description. For more information contact Cuong Lam at email@example.com.
Please quote in application: UX/UI Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.