About the organisation
Melbourne City Mission (MCM) is a leader and innovator in the provision of services to the community. Established in 1854, Melbourne City Mission is a non-denominational organisation that supports thousands of Victorian people and communities to overcome barriers and disrupt disadvantage to live their life, their way.
As a service provider Melbourne City Mission’s work is focussed on supporting people to take charge of their own lives and participate fully in community life. Melbourne City Mission’s service profile includes: Children, Youth, Adult and Family; Disability; Employment, Education and Training; Homelessness; Justice; and Palliative Care.
As a social change agent Melbourne City Mission advocates for social policy change and works across all sectors in seeking to achieve sustainable outcomes for communities experiencing disadvantage.
About the role
The Youth Coach role is based in the Frankston area with the Detour Frankston team and provides coaching and case management support to young people who are at risk of becoming homeless. The role involves working alongside the young person to support them to identify their own goals and to stabilise their housing situation.
Key duties of the role include (but not limited to):
- Provide comprehensive support for young people and their families, within the Detour framework.
- Provide effective early intervention strategies for “at risk” young people and their families, in conjunction with the Detour team, partners and service providers.
- Plan, deliver and co-facilitate group work initiatives.
- Support, develop and facilitate community development initiatives.
- Complete regular reporting, data collection, and record keeping.
Please refer to the position description for the full duties and key selection criteria
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Youth Coach – Detour Frankston via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Families, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Youth_and_Young_People