About the organisation
We are Wyndham, one of Australia’s fastest growing and most diverse cities.
Our people are hard at work designing the precincts, building the infrastructure, developing the policies and delivering the programs that will ensure the City is prepared to welcome over 200,000 new residents by 2040.
Wyndham City Youth Services is committed to making a positive difference to the lives of the young people in one of the fastest growing municipalities in Victoria. We are proud to represent young people, their diversity, freedom, and creativity.
Currently, young people make over 17% of the total Wyndham population, with this comes a distinct need for youth related services. Every day we strive to keep young people engaged, inspired and feeling part of the community through a range of programs, events and support.
Our growing service if made up of 42 employees and work across four locations across Wyndham and our state-of-the-art mobile youth facility. We run more than 340 programs and events annually and engage a total of 15,000 young people and their families into our service annually.
Shape new possibilities. Be part of something more.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply for our job opportunities. Our commitment is to provide safe and inclusive environments where everyone can grow and succeed.
About the role
As a qualified and experienced Youth Development Officer, you will be joining a strong and exciting team of Youth Services staff to collaborate and engage with the growing population of younger communities in Wyndham. Our Youth Services team support young people aged 12 to 25 years and their families who have a connection to Wyndham. We want to keep young people engaged, inspired and feeling part of the community through a range of program, events and support. Youth Services are dedicated to ensuring young people are empowered in participating in the initiation, development and facilitation of programs, events and services and strive to look for staff who share that passion.
Our growing service if made up of 42 employees and work across four locations across Wyndham, including a state of the art mobile youth facility. We run more than 400 community programs, committees, school sessions and events and engage a total of 15,000 young people and their families into our service annually.
Our team is committed to making a positive difference to young people lives of our community, representing young people, their diversity, freedom and creativity. With a real passion for supporting the community and young people, your vibrant and energetic approach will be demonstrated through your amazing networking abilities. This role has a big focus around event planning, so being really organised, along with a knack for engaging and collaborating will see rewarding outcomes achieved with our young people.
What you’ll deliver
- Develop, facilitate and evaluate youth programs, events and activities ensuring that young people have a say in the process
- Work collaboratively with the team to engage and empower our young people from the community
- Complete risk management assessments for programs, events and activities
- Grow and develop partnerships with the greater community relevant Schools and stakeholders
- Be innovative and considerate for community need in current climate
What you’ll bring
- Demonstrated experience working within adolescent development, group work, youth participation and community development frameworks
- Demonstrated experience in the development, implementation, evaluation and reporting of programs and services
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining strategic partnerships and stakeholder relationships
- Proven ability to successfully engage and communicate with a diverse range of young people of varying abilities and needs, their families and communities
- Highly effective communication and teamwork skills, and computer literacy
- Degree qualification in Youth Work, Community Development, Social Work or a related discipline and relevant experience in the generalist Youth Sector or lesser formal qualification and substantial relevant experience in the Youth Sector (essential requirement)
- Availability to work on weekends and after standard hours is essential
- A positive, curious and flexible attitude
Be part of something more
Take a look at our job opportunities and you may be surprised at what you discover: a future-focused culture, a sense of purpose and possibility, and real opportunities to strengthen our diverse community. It all adds up to make Wyndham City a great place to belong.
Our people are our most valued asset. We are focused on building a culture that empowers every person to do their best work. Flexibility is built right into our DNA and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that celebrates a diverse workforce. Ask us how this role can be worked.
So, are you ready to shape new possibilities?
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Youth Development Officer via Pro Bono Australia.