About the organisation
About Melton City Council
The City of Melton is a place where everyone belongs. Our community is vibrant and diverse and one of the fastest developing in Australia. Our organisation strives to provide our community with state of the art, excellent amenity, health and wellbeing and to support our community to be a lifelong learning city. We invest in innovation and our people’s professional and personal development. We offer generous leave and flexibility that best suits your lifestyle and a collaborative and inclusive culture. You’ll be able to work close to home and have new cafes and shops opening every day amongst the heritage buildings and open green spaces of one of Melbourne’s fastest growing municipalities.
Culture and Values
Our vision for our community is to be: “a thriving community where everyone belongs” and that means there’s a place here for you too. Our organisational values represent us as an established growth Council and the values are reflected in everything we do; our decision-making, our actions and our service provision to the community. Council has a diverse and vibrant organisation and we’d love to have you join us to help shape a city for the future.
We are Vibrant MELTON. Our values are:
There are a number of great reasons why our people love working at Melton City Council:
- 19 Day Month
- Flexible Working Hours
- Extensive Career Development & Leadership Programs
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carer Leave
- Family Room available including Breastfeeding Facilities (Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace accredited)
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Social Club Activities
- Subsidised Uniforms
To read more about our benefits visit https://meltoncity-staff-benefits.applynow.net.au/
About the role
As a Youth Development & Support Officer within the Young Communities services unit, you will be responsible for developing, delivering and evaluating a range of educational, recreational and youth consultation programs targeted at young people, in response to identified needs within the municipality.
Reporting to the Team Leader Development and Support, you will be responsible for the planning and provision of programs and events for young people ensuring that youth participation, involvement and consultation strategies feature strongly in program design and implementation.
You will have a passion for working and engaging with young people from diverse backgrounds and differing abilities and socioeconomic circumstances.
- Engage and work with young people that may require further short-term assistance and support.
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate a range of youth programs, services and events that address the needs of young people within the municipality.
- Provide information, resources, and where appropriate referral, to young people and their families to enable them to make informed decisions and make full use of resources and services available within the community.
- Contribute toward the development of policy, procedures and strategies to ensure the needs of young people are reflected.
- Develop promotional strategies ensuring that programs, services and events are well publicised across the municipality.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Youth Work, Community Development and Welfare or a related discipline with some experience.
- Experience in working with young people and their families within a broader community context, that is inclusive of all community members.
- A strong understanding of current issues in provision of services to young people is desirable.
- Working with Children’s Check and Drivers Licence
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Youth Development & Support Officer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services