About the organisation
Victoria University (VU) is the University of the West.
For more than 100 years, Victoria University (VU) has offered accessible education to students in Melbourne’s west and beyond.
We are one of Australia’s few dual-sector universities, with currently over 40,000 enrolled vocational and higher education students studying across our campuses.
Our moral purpose is to provide vocational and higher education that transforms the lives of students and the communities we serve.
At VU we believe diversity is a strength – the more diverse perspectives, identities, cultural backgrounds, ages and experience of our students and staff, the better our working environment, research and educational experience of our students.
With a culturally diverse population of students and staff from a wide range of backgrounds, we strive to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment where all students and staff are respected, valued and enabled to thrive.
Directions from Victoria’s Chief Health Officer require all Victoria University workers to be doubly vaccinated by 26 November 2021, unless they are an Excepted Person as defined by the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions. All applicants must therefore be able to comply with this requirement.
About the role
Under the leadership of Chancellor Steve Bracks and Vice-Chancellor Adam Shoemaker, this is an exciting opportunity for an Alumni Relations professional to join a growing Alumni Relations and Development team. In support of VU’s strategic vision, the Alumni Relations drives alumni engagement across the University, working collaboratively with leaders and wide variety of teams. Reporting to the Associate Director Alumni & Development, the Alumni Relations Coordinator will be responsible for implementing a multi-channel engagement plan that will that will support our ambitious plan.
You will have experience in multi-channel engagement and marketing communications, gained in a commercial, educational or not for profit organisation. Equally comfortable with implementing digital communications and building relationships, you will be passionate about putting alumni at the heart of what you do and will have excellent communication and interpersonal management skills. You will enjoy working in a dynamic environment, with the ability to shift your focus to changing requirements and manage your time accordingly. You will also have experience working with a CRM and excellent MS Office skills, including Excel and Outlook.
An example of duties you may perform will include:
- Provide advice and assistance to the Associate Director, Alumni & Development, to develop and deliver engagement activities aimed at increasing alumni engagement and involvement with VU.
- Develop and implement marketing communications plans, with particular focus on digital channels, to identify and connect with alumni segments with strong propensity for deeper engagement.
- Provide high quality service to alumni and implement best practice stewardship to drive repeat and ongoing engagement among alumni program participants.
- Utilise highly developed project management skills to deliver projects on time and on budget, including leading or participating in cross-functional teams.
- Undertake ongoing evaluation of offers, activities, plans and tactics, including quantitative and qualitative analysis, with a view to providing specific and relevant advice and recommendations to the Associate Director.
- Contribute to the effective management, development and utilisation of the Advancement Office database (ThankQ).
- Coordinate the management of the Staff Alumni Working Group and Alumni Action Group, to help drive increasing alumni engagement.
- Build collaborative and productive relationships with key colleagues in VU Colleges and Departments to identify inspiring, relevant and timely opportunities for alumni engagement.
How to apply
Applications must include:
- A cover letter,
- Your curriculum vitae/resume,
- Evidence of applicable qualifications, licences and registrations
- A document addressing the key selection criteria in the position description.
Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be accepted.
Please quote in application: Alumni Relations Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.