About the organisation
WaterAid’s vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in the world’s poorest communities. WaterAid works with partners to maximise its impacts for policy change/influence.
WaterAid works through supporting local organisations and government authorities to design and demonstrate appropriate and sustainable WASH programs. WaterAid also seeks to influence policy change through government and other key sector actors to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
Everything we do is shaped by our six values:
WaterAid is a child safe organisation. We recognise that we must meet community expectations and the trust placed in our personnel to maintain the highest standards of conduct with children. Therefore, all positions within WaterAid are required to comply with our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
WaterAid is committed to protection from sexual exploitation and abuse in everything we do. The values and standards we uphold are highlighted in our Global Code of Conduct. All positions within WaterAid are required to comply with our Global Code of Conduct.
About the role
The Data & Analytics Manager is responsible for the analysis and reporting of key fundraising programs and overseeing WaterAid’s database systems in collaboration with the Database Officer, including creating and improving processes related to Raiser’s Edge.
Key outcomes of this role are to:
- Ensure WaterAid’s data requirements are met, including maintaining data integrity and security.
- Effectively manage and support the database officer.
- Provide insights and analysis into campaign performance and donor behaviour to support management reports and decisions.
- Manage and update the regular giving income model. Identify opportunities for model improvements and development of other predictive models relating to cash and regular giving.
- The use of the database is optimised to meet future growth and need for data insight.
- Ensure performance of regular giving, individual giving and supporter engagement programmes are measured and reported on.
- Provide reports from Raiser’s Edge as requested for other areas within the Corporate and Community Engagement team or other teams within the organization.
- Maintain data to ensure high level of accuracy and hygiene.
- Ensure that all tasks in the supporter services area are completed working closely with the Supporter Engagement Officer to achieve this.
- Champion data protection processes to help ensure WaterAid meets privacy standards and legal requirements.
Key Performance Areas/Accountabilities
The Data & Analytics Manager reports to the Head of Individual Fundraising and is a member of the Corporate & Community Engagement (CCE) team. The role works cross functionally across the CCE department and WaterAid Australia organisation both, and where relevant with other WaterAid federation members across the globe. This role also has interaction with WaterAid suppliers and supporters. This role also requires the management of the database officer.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Records Processing and Hygiene – Ensure data integrity and create continuous improvement in data processing including creating new importing templates using ImportOmatic for new channels and import of data for platforms and monitor performance
- Protect and maximise database integrity. Identify issues with database integrity and structure that could impact data analysis & reporting and implement quality control and integrity procedures to deliver excellent data
- Coordinate database reporting requirements through regular dialogue with database users to ensure that information is being collected efficiently and consistently. Project manage external data suppliers and agencies – managing project scope for yearly RG dashboard, database development work & Industry benchmarking.
- Provide insights and analysis into campaign performance and donor behaviour to support management reports and decisions In addition, assess performance and effectiveness of all direct marketing activities (Face2Face, Telemarketing, Online) to optimise response rates and maximise revenue from these activities.
- Develop, manage and provide a range of reports including but not limited to regular giving and individual giving reports, modelling, lifetime value, donor and campaign trends, objectives quarterly reporting and attrition.
- Maximise campaign and retention activities by setting up data capture protocols for testing, extracting testing results and presenting results in a meaningful manner to support decision making.
- Train staff in the Corporate and Community Engagement team in the use of Raiser’s Edge and how to maintain data correctly for their respective areas where necessary.
- Develop and regulate standard queries, exports and reports to provide information required by members within the Corporate and Community Engagement team and other teams within the organisation. Support departmental staff in tailoring the design and use of the Raiser’s Edge to their needs.
- Manage implementation of data segmentation strategies of supporters for all individual giving activities including cash appeals, newsletter mailings, cold acquisition mailings and supporter surveys.
- Ensure database is fit for purpose and establish the necessary infrastructure for the database – determine which additional plug ins that would make business processes more efficient.
- Work collaboratively with Supporter Engagement Officer to ensure that the workload for the supporter services area is covered including answering donor calls and queries and processing payments a minor percentage of your time.
- In conjunction with the Business Office implement categorisation and coding protocols to ensure the reconciliation process is accurate and meets audit requirements.
- Supervise Supporter Engagement volunteers on relevant tasks–Keep up to date with sector and data security practices
Qualification, Skills & Attributes (Key Capabilities/Selection Criteria)
Knowledge skills and experience
- Advanced knowledge of the Raiser’s Edge database (or willingness to undertake training), including experience of importing and exporting data, and building complex queries and reports. Advance knowledge of other fundraising RDBMS such as Salesforce or experience with extracting and manipulating data in a SQL server environment will be considered.
- Proven ability to analyse data and develop insights which can be applied and utilised.
- Demonstrated ability to improve process and quality.
- Proven ability to work to a high standard and with an eye for detail, working under own initiative to strict deadlines, and managing accounts and projects simultaneously.
- Strong administrative, and other skills required in a self-servicing post.
- Advanced Excel, Python, Business Intelligence tools, SQL, Crystal Reports
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience managing staff and working across teams
- Highly organised with an ability to meet deadlines and manage many competing priorities and stakeholder requirements.
Tertiary qualification in a field related to the position
- Commitment to WaterAid’s values and standards of safety of children and protection from sexual exploitations and abuse in all our activities
- Demonstrate an understanding of gender equality and women’s empowerment including ethnic diversity and cultural sensitivity
- Ability to work independently but also work well within a collaborative team environment.
- Experience using Campaign Monitor as email platform
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge as core Content Management System for all fundraising activities
Physical Environment and Demands
Ergonomic work stations within an open plan office, standing desks, recreational area and flexible work environment.
Level of contact with children
How to apply
Please submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this position must include a resume and a cover letter (max 2 pages) addressing the above Qualification, Skills and Selection Criteria.
Please quote in application: Data & Analytics Manager via Pro Bono Australia.