About the organisation
NSW Trustee & Guardian protects, promotes and supports the rights, dignity, choices and wishes of the people of NSW. The agency supports the Chief Executive Officer and the Public Guardian to provide customer-centred services to the people of NSW, including some of the state’s most vulnerable. We do this by providing a range of multidisciplinary services including Will-making, trustee, financial management and guardianship services.
We write more than 13,000 estate planning documents each year, support over 47,000 customers annually and manage over seven billion dollars in customer assets. A NSW government agency within the Stronger Communities Cluster, our services help support and protect people at critical moments in their lives.
About the role
- 2 x ongoing full-time vacancies. 35 hours per week.
- Location: Sydney CBD. Flexible working options available.
- Clerk Grade: 5/6. Base salary $87,493 – $96,540 plus super and annual leave loading.
About the team
The Office of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) supports the CEO through management of strategic projects, support and coordination of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), and management of the agency’s corporate property portfolio.
About the role
As an Executive Support Officer, you will be a member of the Executive Operations Team with the Office of the CEO that delivers executive support to the CEO and Executive Leadership Team in executing various projects and initiatives across NSW Trustee & Guardian that aim to improve outcomes for NSW Trustee & Guardian’s most vulnerable customers.
You will provide a range of executive support services to facilitate the delivery of business operations and to support the Executives’ achievement of organisational objectives with a strong service delivery focus.
You will also need to use your incredible organisational skills to facilitate the efficient and effective operation and use of Executives’ time and resources to achieve their divisional goals.
You will demonstrate values and behaviours that contribute to a constructive, high-performance culture and act with integrity in your dealings with others.
For more information about the position, view the role description.
The ideal candidate for this will have:
- Extensive administrative and executive support experience in a similar role.
- The ability to prioritise tasks and conflicting demands, ensuring timelines are met without compromising quality standards, and good judgement, particularly in relation to confidential and sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated experience of high level of discretion when dealing with sensitive issues and high level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and record-keeping skills as well as time management and multi-tasking abilities.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and a high level of initiative and self-motivation.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing meeting agendas and minutes, managing diaries and emails/inbox, reviewing briefing notes.
Sound like you? Apply now!
- Demonstrated experience in administration or executive support.
- Up to date COVID-19 vaccination status and able to provide acceptable proof.
Our commitment to diversity
Our workplace reflects the diverse community we serve. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, experiences and abilities. This includes women, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, the LGBTI community and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
What we offer
NSW Trustee & Guardian offers interesting, challenging and rewarding work that has real purpose. Other benefits of joining us include:
- work-life balance with flexible work options including flex leave
- leave options including 14 weeks’ parental or adoption leave
- career development
- Fitness Passport.
Be part of something bigger. For more about joining us, visit the Careers page on our website.
How to apply
To apply for this role:
complete the online application
- submit a resume (maximum five pages) and brief cover letter (maximum two pages) outlining your skills, experience and suitability
- answer the following targeted questions (maximum two pages):
- Tell us about how you provide secretariat support & take initiative in assisting an Executive member to manage their work and competing priorities. How do you go about anticipating the needs of an executive?
- Describe a recent work situation that required you to perform several tasks or work on several projects at the same time. What strategies do you use for time management when you have multiple pressing tasks at the same time?
Applications close 11:59pm, Monday,18 April 2022.
For enquiries, please contact Sandra Nand, Senior Manager, Executive Operations – Office of the CEO, Sandra.Nand@tag.nsw.gov.au
For recruitment enquiries, please contact Justyna Wieczorek, Talent Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process or workplace, please let us know.
Offers of employment will be subject to reference checks and relevant clearances.
A talent pool may be created for future ongoing, temporary and part-time roles, and is valid for 18-months.
All candidates applying for this role must comply with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, have an up to date COVID-19 vaccination status and be able to provide acceptable proof. Further information about vaccination requirements will be provided to successful candidates and is also available via email request to email@example.com
Please quote in application: Executive Support Officer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Government