About the organisation
The Rev. Bill Crews Foundation is one of Sydney’s largest frontline charities and has been operating for 35 years and offers the following services:
- Food Services runs three Loaves & Fishes Free Restaurants, and a fleet of mobile vans in 11 locations. We serve 1,300 fresh, nutritious meals to the needy every day. Meals are just the entry point to the level of care provided to those in need.
- Healthcare operates a full Medical Clinic, provides Caseworkers, Social Workers and Support Services for housing, Centrelink, addiction recovery and food parcel assistance.
- Education and Family Programs operates an in-school Literacy Program for children who have fallen through the cracks in the mainstream education system.
- Transition to Work Program is for those that need a job as well as maintaining a job, and
- Our newest service, Play Therapy, assists children to work through trauma.
About the role
The GP position provides face to face patient care and applies medical knowledge and experience in the clinical diagnosis, investigation, treatment and ongoing management of patients.
The Rev Bill Crews Foundation is committed to providing safe, high quality and effective health care services that address the holistic (physical, social, psychological and spiritual) needs of our patients.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, our GP will work three days per week from 9am to 2pm. Two days will be based in our Ashfield medical clinic, and a third day will be spent visiting our other Sydney metro locations offering mobile medical care services via our medical van.
Fully registered as a medical practitioner with AHPRA you have at least 5 years’ experience as Medical Registrar, General Practitioner and / or with specialty interest.
You must have the ability to apply theoretical knowledge and experience in determining the appropriate clinical diagnosis, investigations and treatment of patients in line with clinical risk and compliance frameworks.
You will demonstrate excellent communication skills, a high level of professionalism, ability to relate well with people of all interests, background and abilities and a commitment to delivering exemplary care to our patients.
- Competitive salary offered based on qualifications / experience
- No Medicare billings
- Supportive team culture
- No shift or night work
How to apply
To apply for this position please submit your resume and short covering letter.
All Bill Crews Foundation employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to comply with relevant booster vaccinations approved by the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination status will be required prior to commencing this role.
Applicants must hold work rights for Australia, and the successful candidate will be required to complete a Working With Children Check and Police Check as part of their employment.
Please quote in application: General Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Humanitarian