About the organisation
At WayAhead, we work every day to educate people throughout New South Wales on mental health and wellbeing and link them to services and resources that improve their mental health.
WayAhead works towards better mental health and wellbeing through coordination of several well-known mental health promotion and collaborative programs such as Mental Health Month NSW, Perinatal Depression and Anxiety Awareness Week and WayAhead Workplaces.
About the role
This role will report to the CEO, lead a small Communications team and be an integral part of the WayAhead leadership team. The MCC will be responsible for design, communications, campaigns, digital and marketing and bringing the WayAhead vision and purpose to life by building an impactful brand and campaigns that truly engage our audience.
This role will require the use of your communications and creative flare, leadership and project management skills to execute brand, digital and creative strategy across the organisation in a fast-paced and agile team.
The MCC will supervise and work collaboratively with the Digital and Communications Coordinator (DCC) and Grant Writer (GW) and build out the Communications team over time. The MCC will lead the creative process end-to-end including the execution of our brand, digital and marketing strategies to position WayAhead for growth in the mental health sector. They will create and oversee promotional campaigns that raise the profile of WayAhead’s programs in the sector and general public.
We’re looking for an exceptional creative thinker to build a truly impactful brand within the Mental Health sector.
You are a self-motivated individual with excellent writing, communication, and graphic design skills. You should have experience managing multiple projects and executing creative campaigns that meet deadlines and achieve organisational objectives. You are a team player that can collaborate with multiple stakeholders with different and often competing priorities.
This role will be the communications expert for the whole organisation, developing and executing the new WayAhead brand strategy and WayAhead communications systems and processes.
If you have experience in a senior communications and/or creative role and you’re looking for an exciting challenge in leading the execution of a new brand strategy and are driven by making a difference in the community then we want you to join our team.
What you’ll get:
- A permanent full-time position with a competitive salary:
- Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services Award Level 6 Pay Point 1 plus Super on-top.
- Option to avail of Salary Packaging to increase take home salary.
- Additional days-off, above Award Leave, provided at the end of the year.
- In addition to a city-located modern office, we offer flexible working arrangements such as flexible start/finish times, the ability to accrue time-in-lieu, working from home options and a workplace wellbeing program.
How to apply
If interested, please download the Recruitment Kit and answer the Essential Selection Criteria in a cover letter along with your resume.
Apply by email with:
- your CV/resume and a cover letter answering each of the Essential Selection Criteria:
- Note: In order to progress your application, you must clearly answer all the Essential Selection Criteria.
- Note: Answer the desirable selection criteria where you feel they can enhance your application.
Please self-complete this pre-screen and briefly answer within your Cover Letter:
- I can provide evidence of up-to-date COVID Vaccine Immunisation.
- I am willing to undergo a National Police Check.
- I am eligible to work in Australia.
Note on closing date:
- Closing date: Applications will close at 1.00pm on May 23rd 2022.
- Questions and Applications can be submitted by email to Human Resources using the subject line: WayAhead Manager, Communications & Creative.
- All applications will be acknowledged.
Please quote in application: Manager, Communications and Creative via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Engagement, #Mental_Health