About the organisation
About the role
Early Childhood Management Services (ECMS) is a children’s services organisation that fosters lifelong learning, providing high quality and inclusive early learning and care for children, families and communities for 25 years. With over 60 kindergartens and childcare centres ECMS influences the lives of 6,500 children across Victoria each week. Every ECMS kindergarten and childcare centre is designed to reflect the needs of its local community and families, ensuring that children thrive in life.
Benefits & Culture
- Play a leading role in transforming an organisation to have greater impact on children
- Collegial, progressive and outcome driven team environment
- Opportunity to get experience in the NFP and Early Years sector with high levels of autonomy and broad exposure to work
- Based in a sought after location in Northcote with a flexible, high-trust working culture
- Access to retail and recreational activities at significantly reduced rates via Employee Benefits Program
- Be part of an ambitious change agenda
ECMS is a people-centric organisation and is currently embarking on the next phase of an ambitious change agenda, which includes a focus on people and learning. This role, positioned in the People Team requires an individual who will bring a collaborative problem solving approach to the role, along with extensive experience in complex industrial, employee relations matters and relationship management ensuring high quality, engaged support to our people delivering early years’ programs to children.
Additionally, you will:
- Anticipate, manage and resolve complex employee relations issues
- Build strong relationships with Area Managers and centre-based leadership roles and provide senior level strategic advice
- Provide operational advice, including people-related policies and procedures, employment legislation and performance management
- Coach, empower and enable managers to increase responsibility for people management
- Utilise data to identify acute and chronic people related issues and partner with relevant managers to implement appropriate initiatives
- Collaboratively plan and lead initiatives to increase organisational capability and achieve strategic objectives
- Expert understanding of modern awards, workplace agreements and experience in complex industrial and employee relations matters
- Substantial career history providing advice in a business partnering role
- Naturally collaborative and a strong orientation to playing your part within a team
- Strong orientation to learning and continuous improvement of self and others
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Human Resource Management or comparable working experience
- This role would suit candidates from within NFP, early years, retail or healthcare sectors, yet not essential
If you want to play an important role in transforming an organisation to have greater impact on children and their families then please apply by submitting your cover letter responding to the skills required above and resume. Alternatively contact Gemma Schade on 03 8080 8978.
Please note that whilst the closing date is May 29th, this role may be filled earlier, so if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
How to apply
Please quote in application: People Business Partner via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Families