About the organisation
Bobby Goldsmith Foundation (BGF) is Australia’s oldest community-based HIV organisation, providing client services and health promotion programs in NSW and SA. We provide direct practical assistance, emotional support, financial counselling, and housing advocacy to people living with HIV (PLHIV).
We help people live independently through support in daily activities, such as shopping for groceries and attending medical appointments; we support people through their financial worries, and we provide programs that keep our clients socially connected.
Our services are accessible to everyone, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or cultural and linguistic background.
To help people with HIV to thrive. BGF works to change social attitudes around HIV, to reduce fear, discrimination and stigma and promote acceptance and understanding, working also at a systemic level to influence policy and service development.
Our mission is to empower people living with HIV to thrive.
Compassion, Solidarity, Empowerment and Inclusivity.
For more information about BGF please visit our website: https://www.bgf.org.au/
About the role
- Permanent full-time opportunity to make a difference
- Flexible work arrangement & salary packaging
- Supportive and committed team
We advise you to submit your completed application as early as possible and not to wait until the deadline. We will start the shortlisting process as we receive applications.
An exciting opportunity exists for someone with excellent client relationship and employee management skills and experience to join Bobby Goldsmith Foundation’s Client Services team in this senior role.
About the role
Reporting to the Director, Client Services, Psychosocial Support Services Manager is a key member of BGF’s Client Services Leadership team and has accountabilities for all Psychosocial Support Services matters for our clients. The position manages a team which consists of Case Managers, Case Workers, Financial Counsellor and AOD Case Manager.
Your primary focus will be to manage a dedicated team of case workers and case managers to deliver quality services to improve the quality of life for people living with HIV. You will also be responsible for building strong relationships and referral pathways with service partners.
In summary, the Psychosocial Support Services Manager is accountable for:
- Client Support;
- Worker Management;
- Operational Management;
- Partner Relationship Management.
This is a permanent full-time role working 76.0 hrs per fortnight and you will have access to flexible working arrangement (minimum 3 days a week in the office).
This is a hand-on role and you are willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done. You are a trusted manager who has previously demonstrated strong leadership and management capabilities within a not‐for‐profit organisation coupled with the following skills, qualification and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in a social work or in a similar relevant field, or extensive relevant experience complemented by accredited professional development
- Solid experience in Community Services;
- Strong management, leadership and organisational skills and sound experience in managing a team and providing supervision and performance management;
- A sound working knowledge of existing services in the fields of HIV, disability, AOD, mental health etc.;
- High-level computing expertise in particular, Microsoft Suit and healthcare software (Lumary desirable);
- Developed problem-solving skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Communication skills – clear articulation both in the written and spoken word;
- Ad hoc Reporting.
- Experience working with people with HIV
- Experience in strategic planning
- Knowledge and experience in NDIS
In addition, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Current, valid driver’s license with an unblemished record
- Undergo a Police Record Check (arranged through BGF) and Working with Children Check
- COVID-19 vaccination certificate issued by the Australian Government (Due to the public funding arrangement we require all employees’ vaccination status to be ‘up-to-date’ including booster shot)
The role includes a broad range of responsibilities and would suit an individual who meets the capability requirements (skills/knowledge, qualification and experience) addressed in the position description.
Benefits & Culture
- A sector specific salary packaging available
- Access to flexible working arrangement (minimum 3 days a week in the office). Make a significant impact on the lives of PLHIV.
- Much more than just a job – it is a rare and great opportunity to be part of a community of like-minded individuals.
Equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe and inclusive workplace
How to apply
How to apply
Please submit your current resume and a covering letter. Please read the full position description carefully and briefly explain why you think you are suitable for the role by addressing the skills/knowledge, qualification and experience.
Submit your application to email@example.com
Should you have any questions please contact Andrew Buchanan via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Psychosocial Support Services Manager via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #Health_–_General, #LGBTIQ