About the organisation
About the role
A trusted and reassuring presence in the Victorian community for more than 138 years, St John Ambulance Victoria is a for purpose organisation and driving force in the community, working for the Service of Humanity Our People are at the heart of all that we do and are as an organisation.
Our People and Culture team is expanding, we have some exciting new projects on the horizon, and we are committed to creating a great place to work.
This is a rare opportunity to continue your recruitment journey while learning Human Resource generalist skills as we support you to advance your recruitment skill set.
Reporting to the General Manager – People & Culture and collaborating closely with hiring managers, you will be responsible for all aspects of recruitment and onboarding at St John.
You will lead the process from drafting job advertisements, shortlisting, phone interviews, coordinating and attending interviews and assessment centres, completing employment probity checks (including reference checks, psychometric testing, health and medical questionnaires and checks, police checks and Working with Children Checks), and overseeing the onboarding process and documentation for all new recruits.
- Have demonstrated experience leading end-to-end recruitment and onboarding activities
- Have experience running various processes including behavioural based interviews, volume recruitment and assessment centre recruitment
- Have experience working in a fast paced, results oriented environment
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills to enable effective and appropriate interaction with internal and external stakeholders
- Effective time management skills with the ability to work under pressure
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, with the ability to work within and establish structured processes
- Have a positive and encouraging communication style
- Be willing to undertake a current Police Check and Working with Children Check
Interested in joining our team?
We would really value you taking some time to send us an up-to-date resume with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria. Your cover letter statement should include how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities would enable you to be a positive contributor to our team.
You can apply by clicking on the link or be sending your details to our People and Culture Recruitment Team on email email@example.com.
Don’t delay – applications close 12 May 2022.
Our commitment to Diversity
St John is committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable work environment for all our people. We encourage an environment where people feel respected, safe and valued for who they are and the contribution they make to the organisation and the community. We welcome and encourage applications from people across our diverse community, especially from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) applicants.
Our commitment to Child Safety
As an organisation that regularly works with children, we at St John believe that all children have the right to be emotionally and physically safe at all times, and to be treated with dignity and respect, free from emotional, psychological and physical danger, abuse and neglect. St John is committed to identifying, mitigating and managing risk to children through a preventative and risk management approach.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Recruitment Coordinator - People & Culture via Pro Bono Australia.