About the organisation
About the role
TaylorCare Recruitment has partnered with VincentCare an award winning organisation established to provide a range of accommodation and support services to people that are facing disadvantage throughout metropolitan and regional Victoria. Our aspiration is to be the leader in providing care, hope and advocacy for those facing disadvantage through our provision of services that effectively meet the needs of people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
We lead the way in providing LGBTIQ culturally safe and inclusive services in the homelessness sector. Our work to support LGBTIQ clients and residents has been recognised by awards from the Victorian State Government, the Homelessness Sector, and the LGBTIQ community.
About the team
VincentCare Victoria is funded by the Australian Government under the Commonwealth Home Supported Program (CHSP) to help frail, older people, including the prematurely aged, living in the community to maximise their independence. CHSP promotes an Allied Health Service response through outreach into the community, and supporting residents at the Ozanam House accommodation site. The program supports those living within the Western metropolitan region.
About the role
VincentCare is seeking for a highly qualified Aged care who has demonstrated experience and marginalised adults through high case management. As an Aged Care worker you will perform critical functions for many older people who may be excluded from mainstream health services, social supports and opportunities, which impacts their functioning and independence in the community. You will have a “advocacy and linkages focus, assisting older people experiencing homelessness and disadvantage to engage in clinical and social supports via comprehensive assessment, emotional support, service coordination, and referral.
You will work from evidence based, integrated and client centred approaches to provide tailored support through clinical frameworks and modalities to establish co developed realistic recovery plans that are individualised and empowering.
You are an appropriately qualified professional with experience in providing high quality case management and social work responses to assist clients to achieve positive and lasting outcomes. You have experience working with older people, or people who have prematurely aged due to a lived experience of homelessness. As an aged care worker you have experience in maintaining constructive, empathetic, supportive, and respectful working relationships particularly across primary health, mental health, AOD treatment services and other significant community services for an integrated service response.
Your experience and knowledge also extends to:
- Effectively engaging with older people experiencing complex issues
- An ability to manage critical incidents, identify and act upon immediate risk of danger to self and others in both outreach and service based capacities.
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in liaising with other community service organisations for the development of on-going relationships and referral protocols beneficial to client support
Why work for VincentCare :
- An opportunity to contribute to an award winning organisation at the cutting edge of LGBTIQ inclusive practice and culturally safety.
- We provide a positive, culturally safe and affirming working environment.
- We are committed to professional development to ensure your career keeps advancing while you’re working with us.
- We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation committed to helping others. We are passionate about #Social Justice.
- We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way.
- Salary packaging, sometimes called salary sacrificing is a huge attraction here! It is a popular way of providing employees in the community sector with tax benefits over and above their salary. It means the real value of a salary package can be significantly higher than the nominal value.
Salary Range: SCHCDS Level 4 to 5 $73,000 – $80,000+ Super + salary packing depending on qualification and experience pro rata.
Why work with TaylorCare Recruitment to secure your next role?
We are passionate about giving back and support charities through our business we support RUOK, A21 Campaign, Freedom Hub & Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia. We have won multiple awards for Corporate Social Responsibility in 2018 & 2019.
As we place you into a job, we in turn can donate more to the charities we support.
We are a multi award winning agency and recently won the TIARA Specialist Recruitment Agency of the year 2020. Finalist for Recruitment brand of the year 2021.
This position is not to be missed, apply NOW or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 99810498 for more info.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Aged Care Social Worker via Pro Bono Australia.