About the organisation
What makes Star Health Tick?
Star Health works in partnership with people and communities to promote and improve equity, health and wellbeing by delivering innovative client-directed services that take into account the context of the individual and the community, and championing prevention and change to address the structural reasons for health inequity.
About the role
Alcohol & Other Drug Non-Residential Withdrawal Nurse
- Two generous salary sacrifice options
- Work in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Rewarding and valuable work
Located in St. Kilda, providing outreach AOD services to the Bayside catchment, the NRW nurse works within a multidisciplinary team to:
- Support a person to cease or reduce alcohol and other drug use to a level that restores their health and wellbeing.
- Provide a firm foundation for a person’s longer-term improved health and wellbeing
- Provide care that is cognizant and responsive to individual need and level of complexity
- Form part of an integrated and coordinated care pathway.
Ideally, you will possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Nursing
- Knowledge of principles of prevention and harm minimization as these relate to alcohol and other drug use
- Demonstrated understanding of the clinical nursing requirements for drug and alcohol withdrawal
- Demonstrated proficiency in providing person-centered AOD withdrawal services including clinical assessment, care planning, interventions, and risk assessment
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with clients presenting with dual diagnosis
- Knowledge of the Victorian AOD treatment system
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
How to apply
Apply Now and Submit your application
Applicants must address the Key Capabilities – Essential within the covering letter and complete our application form directly from the Star Health website at http://www.starhealth.org.au/
Apply Now to be directed
For information about the role, please contact Krishna Jones on 9525 1300 or email the Coordinator AOD Integrated Services
Closing Date: Monday 30th May 2022
Job Reference No VAC1037
Please quote in application: AOD Non-Residential Withdrawal Nurse via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Drug_Alcohol_and_Addiction, #Health_–_General, #Mental_Health