About the organisation
At EACH, our vision is for a healthy and inclusive community.
Founded on the vision that everyone is entitled to good health, we’re one of the nation’s leading health and community service providers, offering a broad range of services for over 40 years. Our services include Community Health, Mental Health, NDIS, Counselling, Support for Older Australians and Family Services.
About the role
EACH is on the lookout for a Behaviour Support Practitioner with a working knowledge of NDIS legislation and standards.
We want to hear from applicants that truly care about and listen to customers, evaluate their own work with a desire to improve and look to deliver the best outcomes for customers.
If you have a health professional background or have experience in a Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner position, and believe you have an ability to change the lives of people with evidence-informed experience around positive behaviour support, then we think you could be our newest team member!
This position will be offered in a part-time (approx .5FTE/19hrs per week) ongoing capacity.
What you’ll be doing
You will be supporting NDIS participants across all ages, helping customers and their support networks implement recommendations to improve quality of life and reduce behaviours of concern. Previous experience with NDIS will mean your efforts will have the best outcomes for customers.
We offer a unique learning program that is customised to your interests and skillsets. At the end of each week, you’ll be able to see the incremental positive effects upon the customers you support, through designing, delivering, monitoring and evaluating your Behaviour Support Plans. While the results of your work can be measured in the short-term, in the long-term, customers will live fuller lives by receiving the support they need.
This is your chance to set the standard of quality, person-centred care for EACH’s customers as its first practitioner in this program with a primary focus on behavioural supports.
This is a hybrid role; WFH, Box Hill office and providing outreach support to customers across Yarra, Darebin, Nillumbik, Banyule, Whittlesea. Customers will be tailored based on your location.
Who you’ll be working with
This position is unique as it will be managed and supported by EACH but will also be part of a broader team partnered with Doncare and will work closely with their Behaviour Support Practitioner.
Reporting to the Team leader, you will be part of the growing close-knit team of practitioners across Inner North East, as well as, being supported by the wider Therapeutic Services team.
What we offer
EACH offers all staff benefits by offering:
- Work arrangements that flex to you to allow for a positive work-life balance
- Providing opportunities to grow and develop
- Frequent individual supervision, group supervision and monthly region-wide discipline-specific mentoring.
- Family-friendly workplace strategies
- Engaging, inclusive and supportive team
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Generous Not-for-Profit Salary Packaging of up to $15,900 free income tax per year
- Up to $2,650 additional tax-free money to spend towards meals entertainment
- Opportunities for internal career progression across QLD, NSW, ACT, and VIC
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave and ADO’s
- Support through a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program for you, and your immediate family members
- Novated leasing arrangements
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Behaviour Support Practitioner (NDIS) via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #Mental_Health