About the organisation
Our Client, Word Investments Limited, was established in 1995. Today the company operates a very successful multi-branded funeral business which includes: Bethel Funerals in both Victoria and Queensland and Logan Funerals and Compassionate Funerals in Queensland. While serving families in their time of need, this NFP company distributes surplus funds to many missions and humanitarian organisations in Australia.
About the role
- Not-for-profit Christian organisation
- Making a difference in communities
- Excellent reputation in their sector
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the CEO will provide Godly vision and leadership in helping Word Investments Limited fulfil its purpose of operating a profitable Funeral business to help fund mission, while serving grieving families.
The Board is seeking to appoint an experienced visionary leader to build on the solid foundation and growth that has been achieved to date. They will bring with them their own set of unique leadership skills to help drive and own the business strategy and objectives of these businesses, including profitability, governance, risk management, business planning development and operations.
The CEO will:
- Have regular communication and maintain a trustworthy, respectful relationship with the Chair and the Board.
- Develop and maintain excellence in business operations and the provision of proficient, compassionate services to their families that are characterised by their values.
- Advance the business as a passionate and able representative to all stakeholders and advocate in the public space.
- Ensure the development of a highly professional, committed and skilled staff team.
- Work closely with vendors and business partners to ensure innovative and continual improvement in business practices.
- Own and live out the values of WIL by modelling Christ-like care and compassion.
The successful candidate will be tertiary qualified and possess exemplary leadership skills including the ability to oversee the development and implementation of organisational vision, mission and strategy. We are looking for a visionary leader who is strongly aligned to the values of this Christian organisation, who has the ability to facilitate change and build excellent ongoing relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally. The CEO will possess excellent people skills, be strategic, have sound business acumen and have proven ability to manage a multi-site business with diverse teams and capacity to promote the company to a wide range of people. Your knowledge and understanding of the Not-for-Profit sector in Australia will be important to this role as will be a proven experience in growing small to medium size organisations. Experience in the Funeral industry is not essential. This is a unique role for a servant leader who is looking to use their talent to lead a business that generates funds through its business activity to support missions and ongoing Kingdom work.
How to apply
To apply for this key position, please forward your confidential CV and application letter addressing the key criteria, to email@example.com- or for an initial discussion or position description please call Linton on 03-9653 9468.
Applications close on Friday 27th May.
Eagle HR Consulting. Level 27, 101 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000.
Please quote in application: CEO via Pro Bono Australia.