About the organisation
We are a UK-based non-profit think tank, working on the cutting edge of climate and sustainability issues. Our highly original analysis of the climate agenda has been covered by media globally, used and acted on by hundreds of investors and has informed numerous campaigns. We are probably best known for the LobbyMap platform for analyzing corporate lobbying on climate policy. Other work streams are the FinanceMap platform assessing the financial sector and a Japanese collaborative venture (the Japan Energy Transition Initiative). A focus of our expansion is the Asia Pacific region and we are now seeking an Australia-based position to join our growing team.
Joining InfluenceMap represents a great opportunity to be part of a friendly and dynamic team, work with our global network of partners in the finance, media and campaigning worlds and help develop our cutting-edge content which is helping shape the agenda on the climate crisis. One of our core values is the use of data-intensive research processes to create simple and compelling narratives on climate change. InfluenceMap operates a collaborative model, creating unique and data driven content which enables our partners to drive positive change on the climate crisis. These partners are from finance, business, media, campaigns, politics and legal strategies, and are global in scope.
About the role
You will be a key member of our team assessing companies and financial institutions on climate change. You will also be part of our engagement team and work on InfluenceMap’s Australia-focused outreach to NGOs, the media and other collaborative groups. You will receive full training in our research methods and how to effectively communicate our results. Having demonstrated your ability, the possibility exists to develop a specialism in terms of sector, policy area or geography, in line with the organization’s project needs. Our approach is highly data-orientated and involves accuracy, consistency and great attention to detail. InfluenceMap’s work is in widespread use by finance, the media and other stakeholders and we thus place great importance on the ability to communicate our content (both written and verbal) in an effective manner.
- Assessment and scoring of Australia industry associations, companies and financial institutions according to InfluenceMap’s proprietary systems and methodologies
- Helping improve our methodology for Australia including additional data sources
- Communicating our content verbally and in written both internally and to our external users
You will report to a Senior Analyst or Program Manager, and be fully integrated into our international teams. We have teams based in the UK, Japan, Korea and the US. Many of our team members globally work remotely and we place great emphasis on tools and processes to ensure effective communication and team work. At present we have many key partners in Australia we work closely with and there is potential for office co-share with a like-minded mission driven organization, depending on your location.
Skills and Experience
- Outstanding analytical and numerical skills, with a very strong attention to detail
- Superb research skills, with an interest in investigative research
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to communicate complex issues and data-driven analysis concisely and convincingly
- Advanced IT and software skills across a range of common applications
- Fluent in English with excellent writing skills
- Right to work in Australia
Salary & Benefits, Location and Start Date
- Location: In Australia, our policy allows flexible remote working
- AU$65-85K depending on contractual arrangements, qualifications and experience
- 25 days paid vacation / year + 7 Public holidays
- This could be a full-time employment contract or a similarly structured consulting agreement depending on the situation of the successful candidate
How to apply
The Application Process
- InfluenceMap values diversity and provides equal opportunities to all candidates.
- Please provide your CV (two-page maximum), cover letter (one-page maximum) and reference/s in one PDF file, emailed to: email@example.com. Please include all the information you wish to be considered in this PDF file.
- Please state clearly in the subject line of your email which position you are applying for
- Please send your application prior to 10 June 2022. Early applications welcomed and will be processed as they arrive.
Please quote in application: Climate Change Analyst, Australia-based via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Conservation_and_Environment, #ResearchMedical_Research