About the organisation
Head and Neck Cancer Australia is the only national charity dedicated to providing education and support to people living with Head and Neck Cancer.
People living with Head and Neck Cancer and the people who care for them are at the heart of the work we do to reduce the impact of Head and Neck Cancer and save lives through early detection.
Our people, paid and voluntary, are all committed and dedicated individuals who, together with the broader Head and Neck Cancer community, play a crucial role in delivering our strategic priorities. Learning, reflecting and balancing risks informs our passion and drive.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to use your Communication and Digital Marketing expertise to support people living with Head and Neck Cancer and the people who care for them. Contract to July 2023, option to extend.
Reporting to the CEO, the Communication & Digital Marketing Manager is a new role and will be responsible for the execution and delivery of communication and digital marketing campaigns to support the charity’s strategic priorities and showcase a variety of Head and Neck Cancer community stories and impact to help grow our online presence, build brand awareness and support fundraising initiatives.
We are seeking an experienced and innovative communication and digital marketing professional who is motivated and values-driven with a passion for the not-for-profit sector. The successful candidate will have strong communication and digital marketing skills with a track record of delivering engaging campaigns who wants to make a real and measurable difference.
Key responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Lead the planning, execution, delivery and evaluation of communication campaigns in line with stated objectives approved by the CEO and Board.
- Use a targeted mix of communication and marketing tactics to build brand awareness and maximise audience engagement.
- Maintain digital channels including HANCA’s website, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Support the Fundraising Manager in developing donor communications, and general fundraising communication.
- Manage external contractor relationships with creative and communication agencies.
- Report and analyse digital and communication campaign results and integrate findings into future campaigns.
Key Selection Criteria
- A tertiary qualification in communications, marketing media or a related discipline, and/or equivalent demonstrated experience in a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and developing successful communication and digital marketing campaigns.
- Solid understanding of SEO, SEM and Google AdWords and Google Analytics.
- Exceptional project management and organisational skills and the ability to deliver a high standard of work with superior attention to detail.
- An engaging storyteller with outstanding literacy and communications skills – both written and oral.
- Track record in building and maintaining relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and action-oriented with the ability to work independently.
- Enthusiastic, positive and flexible approach with exceptional interpersonal skills to confidently interact with people at all levels.
- Warm and empathetic person who is values driven and cares about making a difference.
- An understanding and commitment to HANCA’s values and mission.
- Experience in using databases (Salesforce), marketing automation and email platforms and CRM systems.
- Experience in not-for-profit, charitable, or philanthropic organisations gained within the health sector.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communication and Digital Marketing Manager via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Engagement, #Health_–_General