About the organisation
Highett Community Financial Services Limited operates Highett Community Bank® Branch, a franchise of the Bendigo & Adelaide Bank. The Branch opened on 17 March 2001 and has invested over $2.55 million into the community through sponsorships, grants and donations. We support many amazing local community organisations and sporting groups as well as schools and kindergartens.
We service a community that has within it over 100 community groups (including religious institutions, schools, sporting clubs and service providers), two Councils – Kingston & Bayside and 6 state and federal members of parliament. We are a public unlisted company with almost 400 local shareholders.
About the role
We are a dynamic and energized team of volunteer Directors and Branch staff moving into a phase of growth, innovation, and deeper partnerships with the local community.
We are seeking to recruit a Community Liaison Co-ordinator to liaise and provide support between the branch and our community groups.
- Communication skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to participate in robust discussion and tactfully and effectively communicate your point of view.
- Strategic thinking: Ability to differentiate between operational and strategic matters, to review the strategy constructively and openly, and contribute to the effective decision-making of the board.
- Time management: Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage time effectively.
- Local: Living or working locally to Highett and surrounding areas
- Connected: Existing connections with local community organisations (groups, sporting clubs, schools).
- Marketing & social media experience: focus on brand development, BEN products and community engagement – liaise with Social Media team to continue to develop awareness and opportunities for building our brand
- Public Speaking skills: Ability to articulate and lead presentations at community events and provide written feedback after the event.
- Administration skills: Provide support to the board, boar sub-committees and working groups and the branch staff.
- Working with others: Sensitive to the needs of others and demonstrates interest in their views. Relates well to people of all backgrounds and cultures and adapts style accordingly.
- Commercial awareness: Understands and applies good commercial acumen to improve business performance.
- Integrity: Operates ethically and with integrity, understanding the importance to put the company’s interests before your own. Also recognises conflicts of interest and acts appropriately.
- Community engagement: Community-minded with an interest in “giving back”.
- A part-time role. Able to tailor/allocate hours according to job specifications and needs. Able to work autonomously but also check in with directors and report progress
- Attendance at the AGM
- Attendance at key Community partner events
- Dealing with emails and other communication obligations
In return, we offer:
- The opportunity to work with a dynamic, dedicated, close-knit team.
- The opportunity to build a strong locally owned business that gives back to the community
- A sense of satisfaction from making a difference and supporting a positive impact in the local community
- Opportunity creat autonomy in this role being supported by a great team
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Liaison Co-ordinator via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Media