About the organisation
About the role
Who we are
Social Ventures Australia (SVA) is a not-for-profit organisation that works with partners to alleviate disadvantage and towards an Australia where all people and communities thrive. We influence systems to deliver better social outcomes for people by learning about what works in communities, helping organisations be more effective, sharing our perspectives and advocating for change.
The Consulting team
SVA’s Consulting team works exclusively on for-purpose projects that strengthen the social sector and have a positive impact on people and communities.
SVA pioneered social sector consulting in Australia and in the past 15 years, the team has worked with hundreds of clients to deliver high impact projects. Our clients include for-purpose service delivery organisations, grass roots charities, social enterprises, Government, philanthropic organisations and corporates.
We provide innovative and effective solutions for our clients tailored to their unique needs and situations, enabling them to achieve their purpose as we apply a first principles approach.
Our team members, located across Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, and Darwin, have become long-term trusted partners to our clients.
We are looking for a new team member based in our Melbourne office. The Consultant role involves working on client projects, as part of a broader project team with management and support from more senior team members. Consultants are typically responsible for leading or contributing to problem-solving, undertaking analysis and supporting project and client management. A typical project lasts between three and six months and you will usually work on two or more projects at a time.
The Consultant position provides exposure to challenging and rewarding opportunities. You will build close relationships with inspiring clients and communities, sector leaders, colleagues and stakeholders, which provides a great foundation for professional growth and development. You will collaborate with a growing and highly committed team with wide-ranging experience across the social sector.
- Work in a business awarded Best Workplace 2021 from Voice Project with 81% employee engagement and satisfaction
- Join an organisation awarded Change Champion 2021 for recognising and actioning our employees’ insights to improve experience and business performance
- Be part of the SVA team known for living by our values to put people at the centre and be open and ready to learn
- We don’t believe that “one size fits all” so we offer flexibility and a hybrid work model that is specific to your team and recognises that work is only one of our priorities
- Join a business with a focus on your wellbeing and development with an additional week’s annual leave after working with SVA for two continuous years
Who you are
The expertise that you bring to the role may be varied, including skills that you have developed through education and in previous employment, or your life experience as a member of the community and a user of the service system. Experience and relationships working with First Nations people and communities will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrate that you are self-motivated, that you strive for excellence and will take key tasks through to completion
- Have strong interpersonal skills and work well in a team environment
- Be able to draw on several years’ recent experience working in a problem-solving role, either in strategy consulting, government, the community sector or in business, preferably with demonstrated experience undertaking research, analysing data, building presentations, and writing reports
- Have the ability to plan and project manage entire client projects or a component of a client project
SVA values diversity and encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people of colour. We value people of all abilities and diversity of culture, faith, gender identity and sexual orientation. We welcome unique contributions and perspectives of all people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities we work with and live in.
The position description is available on the SVA website.
We recommend that you review the position description before applying for the role.
If you have the experience and knowledge we are looking for and are excited to join our team, please submit your CV (max 2 pages) and a statement (max 1 page) addressing the person requirements by midnight AEST Sunday 22 May 2022
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage to apply at your earliest opportunity.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Consultant (Melbourne) via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Development, #Consulting, #Education_and_Employment, #Families