About the organisation
About the role
Compassion Australia has set an ambitious three-year strategy, to respond to the challenges that the COVID-19 pandemic has brought to those living in poverty. Achieving this strategy asks for new and innovative ways to use technology and we are seeking the right leader to take this work forward with excellence. This role is a critical leadership position for Compassion Australia’s Technology Team to pursue a bold strategy to deliver a program as part of this strategy and this role will be key to this success.
The Development Lead – Applications and Integrations, is responsible for leading a software development team in designing and implementing technical solutions and overseeing their security and maintenance. In addition, this role is responsible for leading their development team to translate required outcomes into a technical solution and uphold agreed development processes and standards.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading and managing the development team through:
- regular check-ins and team meetings
- providing technical guidance, coaching and support
- refining agile development process, providing technical support for software developers as required and maintain accountability of team to following designed process.
- Consulting with Business Analysts, Project Managers and end-users to:
- understand technology needs
- ensure resource allocation aligns with technical capabilities and work packages are designed and assigned accurately.
- Leading the technical and functional design, build and release of new software solutions in accordance with organisational processes, to maximise benefit to the ministry
- Ensuring tickets and support requests related to software development are resolved in accordance with relevant SLA’s
- In conjunction with IT Operations Manager:
- ensuring software development solutions are designed and maintained with agreed security measures and practices in place.
- overseeing Development Operations in relation to the improvement of and general management of pipelines, infrastructure and associated system maintenance
- Contributing to the strategic and tactical goals of the Technology Enablement Team through team capability assessments, capacity planning and by performing specific duties as required by workload and the Executive Director of Technology.
- Assisting with the development, implementation and promotion of IT policy and procedure to ensure the security and availability of computer systems
- Investigating and advise on technology trends in order to keep Compassion Australia up to date with best practice
- In conjunction with Technology Enablement Leadership Team, providing oversight of vendors/service providers for any outsourced development work.
You will bring the following experience & skills:
- Experience in a software development role including design of complex system architecture
- Bachelor of Science Degree or higher; Computer Science major desirable
- Experience leading a technical team and driving accountability to process and standards
- Experience designing and documenting solutions to be handed over for team members to implement.
- Agile project delivery and development experience
- Advanced skills and demonstrated experience in Microsoft Azure environment management including API management, logic/function apps and pipelines.
- Demonstrated experience in leading vendor and partner resources to collaborate with staff
- Ability and passion to create robust and scalable software solutions
- Demonstrated ability to interpret, use and create documents for communicating specifications and system designs
- Strong software system testing, design and architecture skills
- Ability to communicate complex systems to a non-technical audience
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of issues and bring potential solutions to situations
- Salesforce Experience is desirable but not essential
The successful candidate will be strongly aligned to the values of this leading Christian not-for-profit organisation and be looking for a role where you can use your exceptional talent to make a real difference. To find out more, click “Apply Now” to download the information pack or reach out to our People and Culture Team at email@example.com with any questions
At the heart of Compassion’s ministry is a relentless passion to act on our faith and empower every child left vulnerable by poverty. Our work is Christ-centred, child focused, and church based.
Apply today! Applications will be reviewed as received.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Development Lead Applications and Integrations via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development