About the organisation
About the role
The Australian Education Union (AEU) is the federal union for teachers, principals, support staff and all educators working in public education.
The AEU is proud to represent workers who have one of the most important jobs in the country. With over 198,000 members nationally, the AEU provides support both industrially and professionally and advocates for quality public education for all Australians.
Benefits & Culture
- 15.5% superannuation
- 5 weeks annual leave including 17.5% leave loading
- Additional gifted leave for Christmas closure
You will provide support to the Finance Manager and work as part of a close-knit team particularly in the key areas of accounts payable and receivable. Your role will include:
- Processing accounts payable, including supplier payments
- Managing accounts receivable, including preparation of invoices for debtors
- General ledger processing and bank reconciliations
- Credit card expense processing and administration
- Managing general accounts queries and related filing
- Providing support for payroll processing
- Providing general administration assistance
You have a good understanding of AP and AR and be able to work in a timely manner and under pressure. Your background and skills will include:
- Demonstrated experience working in AP/AR roles
- Relevant qualifications in Accounting/Bookkeeping
- Experience with Xero or similar accounting software
- Demonstrating strong financial acumen and a good understanding of policies and procedures in a professional environment
- High level administrative skills including working autonomously, attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines and manage competing priorities
- Intermediate to advanced skills using Microsoft Office applications (Excel and Word)
If you are committed to unionism and quality public education in Australia, then apply online by submitting your resume and covering letter addressing key skills or phone Emma Naglieri on 03 8319 4080 for further information.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Finance Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Education_and_Training, #Union