About the organisation
Established in 1973, South-East Monash Legal Service (SMLS) is a community legal centre that provides free legal assistance to people in Southeast Melbourne. SMLS provides legal information, advice and case work including representation for people experiencing disadvantage on a range of legal matters.
SMLS aims to empower and support members of the community to understand and make use of the law and the legal system to protect their rights and to increase their awareness of their legal responsibilities. SMLS is a strong advocate of and committed to the use of integrated service models to address multifaceted challenges facing our community members.
SMLS is committed to advocacy and social change. SMLS is a leader in the provision of community and clinical legal education; advocacy through policy submissions and lobbying; outreach services; and targeted referral programs.
SMLS is a future focused organisation with an eye for innovation and practical solutions to ensure that our service is future proofing our capabilities and capacity.
About the role
An Exciting role at SMLS
- Independent contractor for approximately 6 months
- Salary plus superannuation on enquiry
SMLS is seeking a dynamic and innovative Fundraising Consultant.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Fundraising Consultant will be assisting with a critical project at SMLS that provides the opportunity to build the brand identity and fundraising capacity of the organisation.
We are looking for someone with experience and an understanding of fundraising within the community services sector. You will have a proven ability to establish and maintain fundraising relations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop a fundraising strategy and action plan
- Plan and execute fundraising campaign
- Explore fundraising opportunities
- Identify and approach potential fundraising partners, establish and maintain partnerships
- Present proposals to funding partners
- Submit timely reports on fundraising progression including achievements against targets, identifying strengths and weaknesses, and areas for improvement
- Establish and maintain funding partner databases
- Previous experience in a similar role (essential)
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience engaging with internal and external stakeholders in the fundraising context
- High level analytical and organisational skills and problem-solving ability, as well as initiative and a proactive approach.
- Tertiary qualification in business, marketing and communications or similar
This position includes a combination of on-site and off-site work arrangement. Note: Under the current government restrictions, and as an authorised provider interacting with the public, SMLS is required to obtain evidence of COVID vaccination for the successful candidate for this role.
How to apply
How to apply:
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute your skills, experience and knowledge to a growing, fast-paced social justice organisation, please email Lily McAuliffe at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a confidential discussion with the Executive Director Kristen Wallwork.
Please quote in application: Fundraising Consultant via Pro Bono Australia.