About the organisation
As a not-for-profit early year’s organisation, GEKA’s historical roots are grounded in the belief that our purpose is to provide exceptional management and high-quality service provision to our community. Our current offerings include kindergarten programs, holiday care, inclusion and education support and the delivery of professional development.
GEKA are committed to being an employer of choice and the ongoing development of our people.
For more information about GEKA, visit geka.org.au
About the role
Glen Eira Kindergarten Association (GEKA) is a funded, not-for-profit Early Years Management organisation based in Melbourne.
About the position
GEKA has a strong reputation for the delivery of high-quality early years services. The organisation continues to evolve and grow, positioning itself as a financially astute and innovative player within the sector. We are seeking a qualified business development specialist to extend our geographical reach through expert discovery and exploration of new and untapped business opportunities and relationships. Reporting to the CEO, the General Manager Business Development will be trusted to take the lead, use initiative, and further consolidate our reputation as a leading provider of professional, innovative, and inclusive early years education.
The General Manager Business Development will shape and implement strategic opportunities, projects and partnerships that secure the growth and success of GEKA as a preferred provider of early years’ services. The role will provide leadership and oversight that reinforces our commitment to continuous improvement, across all areas of the business.
This position is currently a part time position, working four days (30.4 hours) per week.
The Key Responsibility Areas of this position include:
- Business development, analysis and strategy
- Brand positioning
- Reporting – quality and compliance
As this is an Executive Management position, this role also encompasses all areas of executive management responsibility, and the management of GEKA’s Customer Relations team.
For more information about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a position description or visit our website.
As an integral component of the Executive Management team, you will need to be highly skilled at building relationships, motivating and managing teams and driving impactful change.
Your initiative, level of strategic thinking and ability to execute for results will be essential to your success in this position.
Key Selection Criteria includes:
- Tertiary qualification in either Business, Project Management, Technology or related field, or significant equivalent experience
- Ability to meet the requirements of regulatory bodies, including Working with Children Clearance, National Criminal History Record Check and financial background checks
- Proven experience as a business development/services manager at an executive or senior management level
- Track record of increasing revenue and the identification of new business opportunities
- Experience managing business operations across multiple locations
- An understanding of the early years sector and/or previous experience working in the not-for-profit sector is highly desirable
- Knowledge of end-to-end business processes and the development of systems to create efficiencies
- Experience in producing high level reports and presentations for executive managers and boards
- Experience in the analysis of SEO and social media analytics
- High level computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Suite
Benefits of employment with GEKA
The successful candidate will receive significant growth and development opportunities, a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to be a part of a supportive, innovative and dynamic team in an organisation experiencing its growth phase!
Please contact Bek Ellin, People and Payroll Coordinator at email@example.com for further information regarding this position.
Applications close at 5pm, Friday 20th May.
Please note that the successful applicant will be required to obtain a National Police Check, Working With Children Clearance, financial background check and proof of COVID-19 vaccination (including booster) or approved medical exemption.
GEKA is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children at all times.
GEKA promotes diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We encourage applications from people of all cultural backgrounds, abilities, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations and religions.
How to apply
Please apply via the SEEK website. Only applications with a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria will be considered.
Please quote in application: General Manager Business Development via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Education_and_Training, #Families