About the organisation
Gateway Health is a not-for-profit community health organisation with 10 GPs who work within our medical practices, and is supported by a management team consisting of a Business Manager, Practice Coordinator, Nurses and warm engaging Medical Reception staff.
Our clinic has grown and continues to expand. We offer a wide range of services such as the sexual health clinic and refugee clinic to name two and will provide our new GP’s an existing patient base to work in conjunction with opportunities to receive new patients.
The clinics are open 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday, want to work full-time, part-time, half days, school hours we are very flexible for the right GP’s to join our award-winning team.
We are an organisation that truly values its people and is committed to improving employee knowledge, skills and experience. We offer a stable, safe and supportive work environment with a large, multi-disciplinary team including doctors, nurses, health workers, interpreters, mental health workers and a business support team.
About the role
- Wodonga and/or Wangaratta Based
- Are you a qualified GP looking to make a valuable difference in a warm and welcoming community?
- Monday to Friday – no weekends
- Full Time, Part Time you decide
We’re hiring several General Practitioners to join our growing Medical Practices in North East Victoria (Wangaratta and Wodonga).
In this role, you will have the opportunity to deliver a wide range of General Practitioner (GP) services, or be part of our specialised clinics (Sexual and Reproductive Health and Multicultural/Refugee Clinic), depending on your qualifications and interests.
Why should you join Gateway Health?
We offer you:
- a culture that promotes quality of service and community support
- no after hours or on-call work
- a supportive team and training environment
- a teaching clinic so you can undertake your GP registrar with us
- the opportunity to contribute to services supporting multicultural and refugee health, sexual health including HIV clinics, the gender service, chronic disease management, and more
- experienced and passionate supervisors.
Gateway Health are an organization that truly values its people, and is committed to improving employee knowledge, skills and experience. We offer a stable, safe and supportive work environment with a large, multi-disciplinary team including doctors, nurses, health workers, interpreters, mental health workers and a business support team.
To be considered for this position you must
- have FRACGP/FACCRM or equivalent and be registered with AHPRA.
- have strong interpersonal skills and be willing to work as part of a team.
- want to practice excellent medicine.
- want to provide culturally sensitive healthcare
- have demonstrated experience in general practice highly desirable
We are minutes from the beautiful ski slopes and the picturesque Murray River on the border of Victoria/NSW. We are a short drive to the wineries and gourmet food places across the region.
Being on the major Melbourne-Sydney rail line can be handy for holiday trips to and from the big cities. This kind of “tree change” brings the opportunity to live in a beautiful region with a real sense of community, and many options to create a healthy lifestyle for you and your family.
Gateway Health’s vision of People Living Well is delivered through a patient-centered, ethics-driven team who have a passion for comprehensive and long-term care for our community. This includes a commitment to training doctors, nursing and staff to anticipate community needs. This commitment is extended to our practices being training facilities for medical students and GP registrars.
Importantly, you will be committed to providing culturally sensitive healthcare and demonstrate an interest in working closely with Multicultural / Refugee and/or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, to understand their health issues and work with them to find solutions. Experience working with these or rural communities would be greatly beneficial, but not essential.
- An award-winning team
- RACGP accredited award winning Practice in a beautiful location and maintain a work life balance
- Flexible working hours and days we are open 8am-6:00pm Monday to Friday, closed weekends and public holidays.
- We provide a great working environment where patient centred care and staff wellbeing are paramount.
- Are a training facility for medical students and registrars
GATEWAY HEALTH CULTURE
Gateway Health promotes a learning culture that encourages innovation and initiative and recognises our staff as our greatest asset. Gateway Health is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We believe that a workforce that recognises and celebrates diversity will best meet the health and well-being needs of all people we serve within our community.
How to apply
Please go to https://www.gatewayhealth.org.au/careers/gp-career-opportunities/ or APPLY NOW to register your interest and our Business Manager Joanne Zamperini will be in contact shortly
Please call Joanne Zamperoni/Olivia Stuart on 02 6022 8888 for a confidential discussion today, or to find out more, alternatively, email your interest and resume to email@example.com
Gateway Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We believe that a workforce that recognises and celebrates diversity will best meet the health and well-being needs of all people we serve including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples; people with disability, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and gender diverse people, intersex people, people experiencing health inequalities, and culturally and linguistically diverse people.
Please quote in application: General Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Health_–_General, #Mental_Health