About the organisation
About the role
Who we are
Social Ventures Australia (SVA) is a not-for-profit organisation that works with partners to alleviate disadvantage and towards an Australia where all people and communities thrive. We influence systems to deliver better social outcomes for people by learning about what works in communities, helping organisations be more effective, sharing our perspectives and advocating for change.
The Fundraising and Partnerships team
Reporting to the National Director Partnerships and operating nationally, the Fundraising and Partnerships team is responsible for all elements of philanthropic fundraising at SVA and the management of select strategic partnerships. The team is responsible for raising funds from high value donors including trusts and foundations, Private Ancillary Funds, major and middle donors, and corporates to support the work of the organisation.
This new role reports directly to the Head of Trusts and Foundations and requires a professional, creative, thorough and highly organised candidate who has a strong desire to build a successful career in philanthropy and social impact. The Grants Officer will directly contribute to the long-term success of SVA’s strategic objectives through their own success in this role.
You will work collaboratively within the Fundraising and Partnerships team and across SVA to help secure revenue for key organisational priorities by:
- Supporting the Head of Trusts and Foundations with development and management of an ambitious and effective pipeline of trusts and foundations and contributing to ongoing research on Trusts and Foundations to inform pursuit plans and growth strategies for the team
- Working closely with key internal stakeholders to identify and secure small to medium-sized grant opportunities
- Developing and nurturing relationships with colleagues and peers to ensure effective engagement of the Trusts and Foundations team across SVA
- Coordinating implementation, administration and acquittal of trusts and foundations grants agreements, working with the Finance Team to ensure accurate financial reporting and management of grant income and expenses
- Keeping track of grant information and relevant trends and sharing these insights across the Fundraising and Partnerships team as appropriate
- Maintaining database records, creating and preparing reports and donor briefings to support programs teams, senior management, executive and board
- Undertaking team support with administrative tasks, project work, and SVA representation at external events on an ad hoc basis, expenses, invoices, coordinating travel itineraries
- Ability to travel nationally and attend events outside of standard office hours as required.
- Work in a business awarded Best Workplace 2021 from Voice Project with 81% employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Join an organisation awarded Change Champion 2021 for recognising and actioning our employees’ insights to improve experience and business performance
- Be part of the SVA team known for living by our values to put people at the centre and be open and ready to learn
- We don’t believe that “one size fits all” so we offer flexibility and a hybrid work model that is specific to your team and recognises that work is only one of our priorities.
- Join an organisation with a focus on your wellbeing and development with an additional week’s annual leave after working with SVA for two continuous years.
Who you are
- Have experience and a strong interest in the philanthropic landscape, with knowledge of emerging trends and opportunities
- Be known for your success in writing, securing, administering and acquitting grants
- Bring current knowledge of fundraising best practice, specifically in relation to stewardship and relationship management
- Be highly organised and use excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple and competing work tasks to deliver on agreed deadlines
- Demonstrate very strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to successfully engage with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Have the ability to work in cross-cultural settings, and connect with diverse teams across the organisation, donors and supporters
- Be passionate about and have the commitment to working to further SVA’s purpose to contribute to an Australia where all people and communities thrive
SVA values diversity and encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people of colour. We value people of all abilities and diversity of culture, faith, gender identity and sexual orientation. We welcome unique contributions and perspectives of all people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities we work with and live in.
The position description is available on the SVA website.
We recommend that you review the position description before applying for the role.
For a confidential discussion about the role please contact Belinda Collins-Polglase, Head of Trusts and Foundations on 0416 225 399.
If you have the experience and knowledge we are looking for and are excited to join our team, please submit your CV (max 2 pages) and a statement (max 1 page) addressing the person requirements by midnight AEST Sunday 26 June 2022
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Grants Officer, Fundraising and Partnerships via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Engagement, #Education_and_Employment, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Indigenous