About the organisation
Your Community Health provides a comprehensive range of medical, dental and allied health services and support programs to anyone, through a combination of outreach, client-based and center-based activities. Our purpose is to enable health, well-being and dignity for all people in northern Melbourne by providing responsive and accessible services. We provide priority access to those most at risk of health inequalities and those that may face barriers to accessing traditional health services.
About the role
Your Community Health is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Health Independence Program (HIP) Complex Care Coordinator to join the Dietetics, Diabetes Education and Community Nursing Team, for this part time, fixed term (0.84FTE until 31 December 2022) position.
Reporting to Dietetics, Diabetes Education and Community Nursing Coordinator, and as part of a multidisciplinary Allied Health team, the position offers an exciting opportunity to work within a strong, supportive team environment to promote nutrition and health outcomes to our clients and community.
Your passion and commitment will see you:
- Deliver safe and high-quality care in complex care assessment, care planning and coordination, and make appropriate referrals to other health care providers to support and advocate for the client’s health independence in the community.
- Develop and monitor clients’ care plans and assist in goal identification by working with clients, their family, GP and other health professionals to ensure the client is supported in the community.
- Manage a caseload and achieve the targets set in collaboration with Austin Health.
- Liaise with internal and external service providers to facilitate collaborative client-centred care.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Registered Nurse Division 1 qualification or relevant Allied health professional qualification and equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years clinical experience with well-developed comprehensive complex care assessment, care plan development and care management skills.
- Be able to navigate both the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and My Aged Care (MAC) systems.
- Knowledge of both Acute and Primary Health sector.
- Ability to liaise with other health care providers including General Practitioners, hospital staff and other health professionals.
- Ability to problem solve in a variety of complex situations.
What is on offer
You will join a dedicated, caring and talented team, with a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to the professional and career development of all our staff and truly value work-life balance. Staff have access to generous not-for-profit salary packaging benefits, discounted gym memberships and work in a great location, with free car parking, close to shops and cafes.
How to apply
To apply for this job go to:
https://yourcommunityhealth.recruitmenthub.com.au/JobSearch & enter ref code: 5942456 or Apply Now to be directed
For more information regarding this role please refer to the position description.
Applications must address the selection criteria contained in the position description as part of the cover letter.
For further enquiries contact: Ju-Lin Lee - Dietetics, Diabetes Education and Community Nursing Coordinator on 8458 6739.
Your Community Health is an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer who supports inclusiveness and diversity. We are dedicated to attracting and retaining people from a diverse background, including but not limited to, those identifying as LGBTIQ, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from cultural and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, and people with a disability.
Please quote in application: Health Independence Program (HIP) Complex Care Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Health_–_General