About the organisation
About the role
- Level 7 – $111,463 to $123,062 | Level 8 – $127,099 to $138,824
- Additional 17% employer superannuation
- Rewarding career with a progressive organisation
The National Tertiary Education Union (NTEU) is a federally registered membership-led union with coverage of academic and general staff in higher education. The NTEU represents workers in all universities across Australia, along with their associated student organisations, research institutes and companies.
The National Office, based in South Melbourne, is seeking to employ a full-time staff member for their National Industrial and Legal Team – a Level 7 Industrial Officer or a Level 8 Senior Industrial Officer. Regular interstate travel is expected.
- The provision of advice and assistance all levels of the union on industrial matters
- Representation of members and the union in negotiations with institutional management and employer bodies
- Liaison and negotiation with other unions, education organisations and peak union bodies
- Research, preparation and advocacy of cases before industrial and other tribunals
The appointment will be made at NTEU Level 7 (Industrial Officer) or Level 8 (Senior Industrial Officer), depending on qualifications and/or experience and carry a salary in the range $111,463 to $123,062 (Level 7) or $127,099 to $138,824 (Level 8), plus an additional 17% employer superannuation component.
The terms and conditions of the positions are currently in accordance with the NTEU National Union Collective Agreement 2018-2021.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Relevant qualifications or extensive relevant experience;
- Experience in negotiation and advocacy;
- Experience with unions and/or community organisations;
- Well developed communication skills, both written and oral;
- The ability to effectively organise your own work and to work co-operatively with Elected Officers and other Union staff.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Industrial Officer (Senior) via Pro Bono Australia.