About the organisation
As women leaders enabling women leaders, Chief Executive Women's (CEW’s) 800+ members hold leading roles in Australia’s largest public and private organisations. They oversee more than 1.3M employees and $749B revenue. Since 1985 CEW has influenced and engaged Australian business and government to achieve gender balance. Through advocacy, research, targeted programs and scholarships, CEW helps to remove the barriers to women’s progression and opportunity for prosperity. This role requires sound knowledge of business development principles, particularly in NFPs. It includes sponsor and client relationships and stewardship of key partnerships.
The initial focus is to further develop existing relationships and connections, before building out the range of CEW clients and sponsors. CEW is a not-for-profit organisation. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. See www.cew.org.au. Applications considered as received, so apply now!
About the role
ROLE: Reports to Director, Policy Advocacy and Research
This is a full-time position based in Sydney. CEW supports flexible working, including two days per week based in our offices at Barangaroo in Sydney.
Qualified people of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
This role helps shape, facilitate and implement CEW’s policy, advocacy and thought leadership initiatives in fulfilment of CEW’s mission: women leaders enabling women leaders. It supports delivery of CEW’s strategy, working with the Director, Policy Advocacy and Research, CEW’s Policy and Engagement Committee and Members to undertake the following:
- Government and Public Advocacy: support formulation and implementation of CEW’s strategy to advocate for conditions that lead to increased representation of female leadership, including the removal of barriers to progression and equal opportunities for prosperity.
- Business Engagement: help identify, target and influence the conditions that support greater female representation at the most senior levels of corporates, by assisting in the design, implementation and management of campaigns.
- Evidence based thought leadership: Together with the Director, develop policy initiatives designed on the basis of CEW (and others) research. Work with CEW’s pro bono partners to design and deliver research in support of CEW’s mission.
- Partnerships and collaboration: Coordinate, plan and support strengthening and development of partnerships with key collaborators including CEW sponsors and supporters, and third sector organisations
This role requires high levels of collaboration with team members to implement impactful, integrated activity that creates action toward CEW’s strategic outcomes. It requires demonstrated ability in policy, advocacy, research, thought leadership, and communications, and well-developed project management skills.
- Policy, Advocacy and Research: Work with the Director to identify key opportunities for CEW to influence policy through advocacy, based on CEW’s unique capabilities, and CEW and partners research projects. Includes:
- Supporting a sophisticated policy and advocacy approach, in consultation with the Director, Policy and Engagement Committee, CEW President and Board, the CEW team and CEO,
- Working with the Policy and Engagement Committee, supporting identification of key areas of potential impact and developing the approach
- Liaise with partners in research
- Researching and supporting implementation of policy and advocacy recommendations to support thought leadership leveraging CEW’s pre-eminent member base and potential influence
- Drafting government submissions, stand alone thought leadership, case studies, summaries and talking points, media briefings and copy for internal and external consumption.
Strengthen and Manage Partnerships:
- Help manage CEW member input, in particular Policy and Engagement Committee and Board input and sensitively integrate it into active campaigns
- Build relationships with key partners to help support delivery of timely, cost effective and creative thought leadership initiatives which support CEW’s mission
- Coordinate members, partners (existing and prospects), sponsors, and supporters including peak bodies and social sector partners as required for consultation on key issues
- Help develop robust and productive working relationships with CEW team and CEO, including sharing knowledge and expertise about policy and advocacy activities.
- Work with the Director to deliver CEW’s Policy, Advocacy and Research annual Business Plan
- Support Government, Corporate and Public Advocacy strategy development and implementation – working closely with the CEW team to ensure alignment of CEW messages in all communications and identify media opportunities to advance CEW’s strategy.
- Research and draft CEW’s policy position in key areas of CEW interest, together with the Director, Policy and Engagement Committee, CEW senior staff
- Research and prepare position papers, and other collateral to for the Director to brief CEW members on CEW policy, advocacy and thought leadership activities, so that members are supported to act to advance CEW’s initiatives
- Draft submissions to government, co-ordinate CEW’s participation in Federal and State roundtables and other government engagement opportunities
- Proactive market monitoring for research and initiatives relevant to CEW’s mission and responding to issues in the public domain, distilling key points for sharing knowledge
- Coordinate partner research thought leadership initiatives which include:
- Senior Executive Census (August/September each year)
- Bain Gender Parity Though Leadership
- Other policy and research activities as required
- Natural collaborator and relationship builder
- Experienced policy, advocacy and thought leadership practitioner
- Ability to contribute strategically and implement tactically with a solutions orientation
- Hands on, energetic team player, equally comfortable taking personal responsibility for work and/or working independently. Able to work with a small team.
- Exceptional plain English communicator with the capacity to create compelling content
- Positive feedback from Director, CEO, CEW team and partners
- Delivery of a minimum of three significant pieces of CEW thought leadership per year
- Coordination of Government engagement
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager, Policy and Research via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Education_and_Employment, #Government, #ResearchMedical_Research, #Women