About the organisation
About the role
Compassion Australia has set an ambitious four-year strategy, to respond to the challenges that the COVID-19 pandemic has brought to those living in poverty. Achieving this strategy asks for new and innovative ways to form partnerships and we are seeking the right team member to assist in taking this work forward with excellence.
The Insights team within Compassion Australia exists to:
- Understand new and existing supporters, strategic partners and major givers,
- Support new opportunities to develop insights, and review the success of projects and programmes,
- Inform strategic thinking and data driven marketing.
The Market Analyst is responsible for undertaking research, analysing opportunities and donor intentions, and exploring market trends and opportunities. This will include disseminating insights in an accessible way to the Compassion Australia team, and working with the Brand Experience teams to translate insights into operational frameworks for neighbour-centric service delivery and new product development.
About the Role
They key responsibilities for this role include:
- Undertake research projects in line with our strategic objectives as guided by the organisational strategy. This includes:
- Analysis of existing organisational and external data, drawing insights on our neighbour groups (i.e. individual supporters, major givers, church partners) for internal stakeholders.
- Desktop research, potentially primary research, and analysing data from different sources to identify opportunities in the market. They will use this information to produce reports that identify areas of growth, and product development strategies and size of prize for the opportunity.
- New primary research with the assistance of the insights team, using quantitative and qualitative research methodologies to better understand these neighbour groups and opportunities.
- Understand and communicate economic and social trends in key behaviours that will impact Compassion Australia and its supporters and potential supporters.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, business, market research, or similar
- Qualitative and quantitative data analysis skill
- Reporting of quantitative and qualitative data in a strategic and distilled way
- Experience in data management and analysis
- Desktop research skills, including data sets and industry reports preferable
- An ability to think independently, including problem solving skills
The successful candidate will be strongly aligned to the values of this leading Christian not-for-profit organisation and be looking for a role where you can use your exceptional talent to make a real difference. To find out more, click “Apply Now” to download the information pack or reach out to our People and Culture Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for an initial chat.
At the heart of Compassion’s ministry is a relentless passion to act on our faith and empower every child left vulnerable by poverty. Our work is Christ-centred, child focused, and church based.
Applications will close midnight Tuesday 21st June 2022.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Market Analyst via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development