About the organisation
About the role
Compassion Australia is part of Compassion International, a global network of more than 40 countries. Together with millions of our neighbours—sponsors, supporters and church partners—around the world, we are a Christian child development ministry that seeks to put love in action and release children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
Neighbour Agency is Compassion Australia’s internal creative agency. We are responsible for the management and communication of Compassion Australia’s brand and are committed to developing experiences that invite audiences into a deeper understanding of poverty and the mission of Compassion. We believe in the immense power of creativity to inspire, move and connect people in universal ways.
Within our Neighbour Agency Department lies our Art Team who is looking for a talented and passionate Designer to join them!
How You’ll Contribute
- Be a part of building experiences to engage audiences in the mission of Compassion
- An opportunity to use your creativity to make a difference in the lives of children living in poverty
- Providing end-to-end design services across a wide range of projects
- Maintaining Compassion Australia’s brand internally and externally
- Translating art direction into content for use across campaigns and experiences
- Working closely with the art director, designers, writers and film makers through the creative process and development of experiences
- Executing across print experiences (direct mail, events, signage, promotion)
- Executing across digital channels (website, blogs, EDMs, social media)
- Working with the Neighbour Experience and Strategic Partner teams to deliver projects
- Understanding the strategic intentions of projects and aligning creative with outcomes
- Providing consultation to internal stakeholders on the development of creative solutions
- Liaising with external production companies, design studios and other third-party suppliers
- Collaborating with Compassion International and other Compassion partner countries
- Creating and managing brand resources to equip internal teams in their work
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Communication, Design or another related field
- 3+ years industry experience in similar role
- Preferably experienced working in an agency or in-house creative team
Necessary knowledge and skills:
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite software: Id, Ai, Ps
- Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects
- Strong conceptual and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent attention to detail and execution abilities
- Demonstratable experience in design for print
- Thorough understanding of print production processes
- Demonstrable experience in digital design and content creation
- Understanding of UX/UI and Figma or Adobe Xd
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- The ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience in environmental design for physical experiences
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Desirable: Animation and video editing skills for use in content creation
- Desirable: Knowledge of Adobe Ae and Pr
- Curiosity and creativity
- Flexible – This position has been designated Flexible, meaning your position can be performed remotely or from the head office located in Newcastle. Remote applicants must be willing and able to travel to Newcastle for team meetings as required.
At the heart of Compassion’s ministry is a relentless passion to act on our faith and empower every child left vulnerable by poverty. Our work is Christ-centred, child-focused, and church-based. The successful candidate will be strongly aligned to the values of this leading Christian not-for-profit organisation.
We’re looking for someone with a heart for Compassion’s work and equipped with the right skills and experience to fit the role. So even if your experience doesn’t tick every item on our list, we’d still love to hear from you.
Apply today! Applications close midnight Friday 17th June 2022.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Multidisciplinary Designer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development