About the organisation
Star Health works in partnership with people and communities to promote and improve equity, health and wellbeing by delivering innovative client-directed services that take into account the context of the individual and the community, and championing prevention and change to address the structural reasons for health inequity.
About the role
** New graduates are welcome to apply**
Full-time Permanent position
- $83,000 – $96,000 plus two generous salary packaging options
- Exceptionally supportive multidisciplinary team and achievable KPI’s
- Flexible working arrangements
The Mental Health Occupational Therapist in the NDIS Therapeutic Supports Team will provide specific assessment and treatment to eligible consumers of the NDIS. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a new, multi-disciplinary team, and to establish, implement and maintain NDIS OT services at Star Health.
For the right candidate, there may be additional opportunities to support the development of the program, support students or newly qualified Occupational Therapists.
The NDIS Team at Star Health is a relatively new multi-disciplinary team & has been operational since July 2019. The team collaborate exceptionally well together with shared clients and sharing of resources. The Team culture that has been established is unique, extremely positive and supportive.
To star in this role you will have:
- A professional qualification in Occupational Therapy
- Experience in Mental health
- Demonstrated ability to deliver specific occupational therapy assessments and provide recommendations
- Excellent knowledge of mental illness and recovery orientated practice within the social model of health
- A clear understanding of NDIS service delivery and working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- To provide, in line with their NDIS plan, Occupational Therapy assessment and intervention for consumers
that support them and their care team to manage their mental health.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the service including co-design process, policy development.
- Active promotion of the NDIS Mental Health OT program and the wider mental health program to internal
and external stakeholders.
- Preparation of reports.
- Work collaboratively with consumers, their families and significant others (including carers & children),
In Return we offer:
- Access to ADO once a month
- Professional Development opportunities
- Reputable External Partnerships with other leading organisations
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Reward & Recognition celebrated annually
- Yearly Free Flu Vaccination
- Free one-on-one Superannuation Consultation with default Super Fund
How to apply
Applicants must address the Key Capabilities – Essential within the covering letter and complete our application form directly from the Star Health website at http://www.starhealth.org.au/
APPLY NOW to be directed
Job Reference No VAC1018
Please note that prior to any commencement of employment, pre-employment checks must be complete. These will include reference checking, national criminal history and right to work check, proof of COVID-19 vaccination and a working with children check.
For information about the role, please contact:
Gemma Callaghan, Psychologist NDIS on 03 9525 1300 or email the Psychologist NDIS
Closing Date: Thursday 2nd June 2022
Please quote in application: NDIS Mental Health Occupational Therapist via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #Health_–_General, #Mental_Health