About the organisation
About the role
The Maltese Community Council of Victoria, Inc. (MCCV) is a non-profit organisation which provides social, cultural, recreational and welfare support to all members of the Maltese Community in the State of Victoria. The MCCV is an umbrella organisation for twenty Maltese associations which are currently affiliated to it.
The MCCV receives Government funding to provide a range of services including centre based education programs, Dementia support, Home Support Packages and Community Aged Care Packages enabling the senior members of the community to remain living independently in their own homes.
With responsibility for the overall general management of the MCCV, you will provide supportive leadership to the team, members and key stakeholders such as volunteers and community members. You will focus the organisation, ensuring the delivery of quality cultural and education programs, advocacy, identifying opportunities for growth and diversify income.
Other significant responsibilities in this role include;
- Working closely with the board developing and implementing the strategic plan
- Enhancing the reputation, profile and influence of MCCV through the delivery of a wide-range of Maltese cultural and educational activities, events, welfare and aged care services
- Building community partnerships enhancing MCCV’s standing within the community
- Advocate on behalf of clients to meet the growing demand for services
- Ensure policy, compliance, governance, and reporting requirements are met
You are tertiary qualified in management, business or health related disciplines and a relevant post-graduate qualification. You are an empathetic senior manager with natural leadership abilities. Ideally, you have experience in leading community programs with an understanding of funding steams, provision of aged care services and knowledge of the needs and issues faced by ageing Australians especially in a multi-cultural environment.
You are financially astute with experience delivering advice to a board or management committee. Your experience includes:
- A strong understanding of community development
- Ability to lead and manage a multi-serviced organisation
- Success in a senior role leading, motivating and developing staff and volunteers
- A proven track record identifying and securing new funding opportunities
- Developing relationships and making representation to government and community
- Financial management, preparation of budgets and financial analysis.
If you’re passionate about serving a multi-cultural community in Australia please send your cover letter responding to the skills required above and resume by quoting # 891712 or call Anna Skeels on (02) 8243 0570
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Operations Manager via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Community_Development, #Industry_Associations